Snap Shot by Meg Chittenden

Snap Shot

by Meg Chittenden

PLOT OR PREMISE:
Diana Gordon has retired from being a private investigator after being shot, and is living the simple life in Port Findlay, Washington running her own photography studio. But a local woman is murdered, and when Gordon finds the body, she can't resist doing a little personal investigating. And she turns up links to her past and how she got shot -- for taking a photograph of someone who didn't want to be captured.
WHAT I LIKED:
Diana's character is relatively straightforward, and it is an interesting cast of sub-characters. Hard to tell if this will be a series or a one-off book, but it works either way. The politics of a photography show provide a nice backdrop, and this would work as almost-cozy, except for a little direct violence in two places.
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE:
Her partner in Port Findlay, Conor Callahan, is a bit neurotic and there is a major change in his perspective by the end of the book. Gordon doesn't reveal to everyone her past as she goes along, and it is a "secret" that causes problems early on -- for no apparent reason as she knows she's going to have to spill eventually. Equally, the reason the photograph is causing problems is so obvious to the reader, it is grating to see our star investigator proceed through most of the book before figuring it out.
BOTTOM-LINE:
A great almost-cozy
DISCLOSURE:
I received no compensation, not even a free copy, in exchange for this review. I am not personal friends with the author, but I have interacted briefly with her on social media. ( )
  polywogg | Mar 19, 2016 |
The main characters weren't very likeable, the romance was cliché, and the mystery/story itself didn't keep my interest very well. I wouldn't recommend it. ( )
  ACannon92 | Aug 11, 2012 |
Signed and inscribed
  dorisannn | Jan 28, 2009 |

Meg Chittendenprimary authorall editionscalculated
Chittenden, Margaretsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0425198030, Mass Market Paperback)

The small town of Port Findlay, Washington, can't protect photographer Diana Gordon from the past, the killer watching her every move, and the man who wants to steal her heart.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:59 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,417,587 books! | Top bar: Always visible