El senor de la medianoche/ The Prince of…

El senor de la medianoche/ The Prince of Midnight (Spanish Edition) (edition 2007)

by Laura Kinsale

Member:imation8
Title:El senor de la medianoche/ The Prince of Midnight (Spanish Edition)
Authors:Laura Kinsale
Info:Plaza & Janes Editories Sa (2007), Edition: Tra, Paperback, 445 pages
Collections:Your library, Leído
Rating:*1/2

Prince of Midnight by Laura Kinsale

English (4)  German (1)  All languages (5)
When I finished reading 'The Prince of Midnight', I couldn't help but close the book and hold it close to my heart. Seriously. Laura Kinsale is an absolutely superb storyteller. She creates multi-dimensional characters, throws in a little humor, and makes me fall in love with the romance.

Set in the Georgian era, two tortured souls intertwine: one, deaf in one ear and suffering from vertigo, a shell of his former self; the other, cold and even cruel, only living for the revenge of her murdered family. S.T. Maitland is desperately lonely, and Lady Leigh Strachan thinks he is 'revoltingly sentimental'. No one creates an endearing tortured hero better than Kinsale, but it took sometime for me to warm up to the heroine. Frankly, she is just a bitch. My heart went out to S.T. when he reflects: "But the way she treated him, the endless cutting snubs in spite of every attempt to win her admiration - it drove him beyond endurance".

I didn't much care for the ending - a little too tidy and convenient for me. But this is a wonderfully enchanting read. ( )
  aznstarlette | Feb 26, 2015 |
Laura Kinsale writes the way I wish I could.
I like how long she takes to establish characters -- it makes them real.
And I especially love this hero -- he's got tennitus! Just like me. Aww. ( )
  Ferocity | Dec 29, 2014 |
Fictionwise multiformat ebook
  romsfuulynn | Apr 28, 2013 |

He was once a legendary highwayman. Now he's a recluse in a ruined French castle, with only a half-wild wolf for a companion. When Lady Leigh Strachan comes looking for a man to aid in her revenge, she's disillusioned to find that the famed Prince of Midnight couldn't help even if he cared to - which he doesn't. S. T. Maitland wants nothing to do with his legend, or with this fierce, beautiful, broken woman... until the old thrill of living on the cutting edge of danger begins to rise in his blood again.

Laura Kinsale is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,736,873 books! | Top bar: Always visible