Prince of Wolves by Susan Krinard

Joelle, has come to Lovell, Canada, a small town in the Rockies, to find her parents, whose plane crashed in the area years ago but they were never found. Joelle, made a promise to herself that no matter what she would find them so she goes to Lovell to find a guide since the one she originally hired skipped out on her. So when she first comes to Lovell, she bumps into, Luke, who stirs her blood like none other. Luke, is part of a race of werewolves, and has come down from his home in the mountains, to find a woman to warm his bed for the winter, and he picks Joelle, who is the first one to fight him on anything, and he becomes intrigued and drawn to her in a way that surprises himself, and he knows that he must have her, because she is his......I don't think I have ever read from this author until know, and since I just love shifter romances, this book just drew me and the cover is so incredibly sexy that I couldn't resist. I did enjoy the style of writing that Susan Krinard displays but its a bit more detailed and more intense and vivid, and I will admit there were moments throughout where I was totally drawn into it, however there were others where it was such a book to be content in. Overall it was a enjoyable story, one you read by the fire or out in the sunlight on a warm day, a story to be enjoyed but not one that will totally captivate you. Although I would recommend this author to anyone that is looking for an intense and enjoyable romance that will softly carry one away into the world Krinard creates. ( )
  addictofromance | Mar 24, 2013 |

From Library Journal

Determined to confront her past and finally lay it to rest, Joelle Randall heads for the rugged Canadian Rockies to find the site of her parents' plane crash 12 years ago. What she finds, however, is a new aspect of herself and an unexpected and passionate love in the arms of the enigmatic loner Luke Gevaudan, one of the last of the legendary race of werewolves. In this debut Krinard has spun a dark, magical, and highly lyrical tale that provides a far more gentle and romantic interpretation of the werewolf mythologies than is the norm. Well written, nicely paced, and surprisingly believable, this novel may be of interest to fans of Cheri Scotch, Lori Herter, and Anne Stuart. [Krinard lives in Walnut Creek, California.]
Copyright 1994 Reed Business Information, Inc.

Review

“Susan Krinard was born to write romance.”—Amanda Quick

“The best first novel of the decade.”—Affaire de Coeur

Seeking refuge from the pain of the past, Joelle Randall journeys to the rugged Canadian Rockies to build a new life for herself and unwittingly falls for handsome Luke Gevaudan, a magnetic loner and the last of an ancient race of werewolves.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,465,530 books! | Top bar: Always visible