A Rogue of My Own by Johanna Lindsey

A Rogue of My Own (edition 2009)

by Johanna Lindsey

Member:tutter1297
Title:A Rogue of My Own
Authors:Johanna Lindsey
Info:Pocket (2009), Hardcover, 368 pages
Tags:paperback

A Rogue of My Own by Johanna Lindsey

Not the worst book i have read.....
But one of the worst Johanna Lindsey books i have read. Her's are usually much better than this one. ( )
  pickleroad | Nov 10, 2016 |
This book was filled with ups and downs, a lot of attitude, intrigue, and wit. Rebecca, our main character, isn't as naive as she first seems, attracted to the Angel, Rupert St. John and roped into working as a spy for awhile, her life at court isn't at all what she thought it was going to be. ( )
  mariahsidhe | May 12, 2016 |
I really liked this book. Great story and I love the characters. I would recommend. I gave 4.5 stars. ( )
  CrystalW | Dec 15, 2015 |
  CrystalW | Dec 15, 2015 |
A crudely stitched patchwork of mismatched pieces.

The arrival of Rebecca Marshall at Buckingham Palace as a new maid of honor and the details of personal and political intrigues at the court of Queen Victoria were refreshingly different, but as the narrative rushed nowhere and finally disintegrated, I was left wondering about the authenticity of the historical detail.

First impressions of Rebecca are of a beautiful, intelligent, and self-assured lady, sparking anticipation of her part in the story. The first of many wrong notes is struck by her adolescent infatuation with the handsome 'rogue' Rupert, and the startling speed with which she gives up her virginity and achieves instant orgasm. Rupert St John is supposed to be some kind of government intelligence agent, but the background to this is not developed, and we're left with an almost psychotic lothario who apparently hangs around society venues collecting information for his sexually ambiguous handler.

Rebecca becomes pregnant and her attempt to confront Rupert with her predicament only gets her caught up in a chase across France to visit a Englishman who is suspected of smuggling arms.

Rupert doesn't believe Rebecca is pregnant, squabbles and spats ensue, families get involved, undying love is declared, but nothing can compensate for the fundamental weakness in characterisation and lack of control over the structure of the narrative.

skirret | Jan 2, 2015 |
For Mom
Chapter One
BUCKINGHAM PALACE.

Lady Rebecca Marshall fulfills her mother’s fondest wish when she becomes a maid of honor at the court of Queen Victoria. Having been disappointed two years ago when the Duke of Norford’s heir Raphael Locke married another woman, Rebecca’s mother sees this court appointment as a golden opportunity for Rebecca. At court, Rebecca meets the charming marquis Rupert St. John, whom Rebecca knows as the devastatingly handsome n’er-do-well cousin of Raphael Locke, the man she was once infatuated with. What Rebecca doesn’t know is that Rupert is a secret agent of the crown who leads a double life.

Rebecca strikes up a lively flirtation with Rupert, but when Rupert realizes she’s spying on him he seduces her. He hardly suspects that she’s an innocent and he’s horrified when she reveals she is pregnant! Forced to the altar by their families, Rupert believes that Rebecca has set a trap of the worst sort in order to marry into the powerful Locke family. And her vows that theirs will not simply be a marriage in name only; he plans to enjoy many passionate nights with his beautiful, scheming wife.

With her trademark humor, memorable characters, and passionate storytelling style, it’s no wonder that Johanna Lindsey has more than sixty million copies of her novels in print.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 141659888X, Hardcover)

For Lady Rebecca Marshall, a whirlwind of passion and excitement begins when she becomes a maid of honor at the court of Queen Victoria. Rebecca's mother is delighted - this appointment could be a golden opportunity for her to make a good match.But soon Rebecca is entangled in a web of deceit with the charming marquis Rupert St. John. The devastatingly handsome n'er-do-well seduces her but what she doesn't know is that Rupert is a secret agent of the crown, leading a double life.Forced to the altar, with a husband who vows never to be faithful, can Rebecca's wit, adventurous spirit, and generous nature turn his hatred into a passionate desire?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:47 -0400)

Attending Queen Victoria as a court maid of honor, Lady Rebecca Marshall is seduced by royal agent Rupert St. John, the ne'er-do-well cousin of one of Rebecca's former suitors, with whom she is forced into marriage when she becomes pregnant.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,323,391 books! | Top bar: Always visible