Generation T: 108 Ways to Transform a…

Generation T: 108 Ways to Transform a T-Shirt

by Megan Nicolay

This book has such great, EASY ideas for transforming a t-shirt. Several of my old beloved shirts have new lives. ( )
  amaraduende | Mar 30, 2013 |
Love the patterns in here! If you're into recycling this is definitely a fun book to read. The instructions are -- mostly -- easy to read. There were one or two where her written instructions had me scratching my head and going "Uh?" The projects come out nice, though, and they're as much fun to make as to wear. The difficulty level I would say is beginner (no sew) to intermediate (i.e. shirring). ( )
  MagicBabe | Feb 7, 2012 |
My much-loved copy of this book is annotated with scribbles and drawings of my own throughout. If you're a DIY-er who's interested in messing around with T-shirts, this book is where you need to start. There are others who have written similar books, but this one was the first, and is much better. ( )
  Spiffyhink | Feb 4, 2010 |
I read this book over and over again for inspiration for sewing clothes. It's probably one of the many reasons why sewing is so much fun to me! :D ( )
  circasurvive | May 31, 2008 |
Cutting up shirts I felt blah about into skirts and tanks that are totally hot--I feel so rebelious and punk. Lots of fun, with excellent instructions and achievable and worthwhile projects. ( )
1 vote spyderella | Aug 29, 2007 |

Make it yours. This inspirational guide with DIY attitude has everything you need to know about the world’s great T-shirt: how to cut it, sew it, deconstruct it, reconstruct it, and best of all, transform it. • Features more than 100 projects (plus 200 variations) for customized tees, tank tops, tube tops, T-skirts—even handbags, a patchwork blanket, iPod cozies, leg warmers, and more. • Not a DIY expert? Not to worry. More than one third of the projects are no sew, meaning anyone who can wield a pair of scissors can put a personal stamp on her wardrobe. But the sewing basics are here too: backstitch and whipstitch, gather and ruche, appliqué and drawstrings. • And the mission statement for Generation T: Ask not what your T-shirt can do for you; ask what you can do for your T-shirt. And then Do-It-Yourself!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:31 -0400)

An ingenious craft handbook explains how to transform the ordinary T-shirt into a wide variety of fashionable clothing, accessories, and other items, with detailed instructions for more than 120 innovative projects, including braided rugs, tablecloths, pillows, skirts, a purse, and more.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,926,187 books! | Top bar: Always visible