The Jack-O'-Lantern That Ate My Brother…

The Jack-O'-Lantern That Ate My Brother

by Dean Marney

A Hallowe'en themed chapter book, suitable for grades 2 to 4. 107 pages, 22 short chapters, small print, no pictures. Okay, but not great literature.
"Trick or treat! Smell my feet! Give my pumpkin a kid to eat!
Elizabeth is causing big trouble this Halloween. All because she has to go trick-or-treating with her little brother, Booker.
Maybe she should stay home instead, because something very strange has been going on. She thinks that she might be seeing things, but deep down she knows that something crazy is going to happen on Halloween night. Will Elizabeth trick her way out of trouble before Booker becomes a treat?" - jacket blurb.
At age 7 1/2, starting grade two, our son read this book but he says it's too scary, and he doesn't like it. He identified too much with the missing little brother! ( )
  tripleblessings | Sep 8, 2007 |

Elizabeth and her little brother encounter a real witch while trick-or-treating on Halloween.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,527,612 books! | Top bar: Always visible