Hooper Humperdink...? Not him! by Dr. Seuss

Hooper Humperdink...? Not him!

by Dr. Seuss

This book can be helpful when learning the alphabet. The names in the book are in alphabetical order. And it also can teach a lesson about friendship. Even Hooper Humperdink got invited to the party in the end.
  ChloeFukuda | Nov 28, 2016 |
The message of this book is to consider other people’s feeling when making decisions because your decision may hurt their feelings.
I didn’t really enjoy this book for one reason, the plot. I enjoyed the point of view and the writing but the plot, I was certainly not a fan of.
For this story, the plot seems so trivial. The person that is throwing the party, in my mind it was a girl, is going to invite everyone she knows to her party but won’t invite Hooper Humperdink because well she admits that “I don’t know why, but somehow I don’t like that guy” which is a very unsatisfying explanation. This plot shows a boy being excluded for almost the entire book but then the host of the party just all the sudden decides to invite him. It seems random and not very well thought out.
I did however enjoy how this book was from the point of view of the host. It was interesting to see this story from her point of view and to watch her name off all the things that she would need for her party. She listed her guests from A-Z, which was a very creative way, and even explained how everyone would get to her party. I would have expected this book to be in third person, the narrator explaining the situation but it was a surprise to see it from the host’s point of view.
Finally, I liked the writing of this story for a few reasons: the way everything was listed from A-Z (her guests names, everything she would need for the party, ect.) and how it was incorporated into the rhyming of the story. It was impressive to see how the author was able to rhyme words with names of a certain letter.
  graceberry | Nov 15, 2015 |
A boy is having a big party and wants to invite everyone, but not Hooper Humperdink. He claims that Hooper Humperdink is a party pooper and decides to leave him out. This book lists so many names invited to the party in alphabetic order. By the end of the story, the boy decides that the party is so fun, that no one should miss out so he invites Hooper Humperdink. This is a fun story about how people shouldn't be left out. Everyone should be included and it isn't fair to leave people out for no reason. I think children would thoroughly enjoy this story and I personally enjoyed it. ( )
  EmilyDrennan | Apr 27, 2015 |
This book is about Hooper Humperdink. Throughout the whole book we witness multiple people going to a party, but he is not invited. It seems as though everyone in town is allowed to go except for him. At the very end, the narrator realizes that everyone in town from A to Z have been invited to the party. The narrator would not want anyone to miss the party so Hooper ends up being invited and is very excited.
  kvail | Mar 17, 2014 |
The narrator is having a party and he invited a lot of people but not Hooper Humperdink intle the end he did invite him. ( )
  dbhutch | Jan 12, 2011 |

Seuss, Dr.primary authorall editionsconfirmed
Charles E. MartinIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
TheodoreLeSiegsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

From Alice and Abe to Zeb and Zipper, an alphabetical array of guests turns out for the biggest birthday party ever. But Hooper Humperdink isn’t on the guest list!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:34 -0400)

A youngster plans a huge, spectacular party, inviting friends whose names begin with every letter from A to Z--except for one person.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,747,120 books! | Top bar: Always visible