Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.
Medicinal Natural Products: A Biosynthetic Approach
No current Talk conversations about this book.
Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0471496405, Paperback)Medicinal Natural Products, Second Edition is a comprehensive guide providing information on all classes of natural products in medicine. It builds upon fundamental chemical principles and demonstrates a unique integration of plant, microbial and animal natural products in one volume. The text guides the reader through a wealth of diverse natural metabolites used in medicine with sources, production methods, use as drugs and modes of action all extensively covered. Taking a chemistry based approach it combines traditional pharmacognosy with medicinal chemistry. The structure is user-friendly and includes the acclaimed grey boxes on groups of products and detailed mechanistic explanations.
* Adopts a novel biosynthetic theme rather than a traditional descriptive approach
* Includes extensive further reading at the end of the chapter
* Thoroughly revised and updated to incorporate comprehensive coverage of plant, microbial and animal products
* Includes the latest developments in the field
* New material on genetic manipulation of biosynthetic pathways and non-mevalonate pathway to terpanoids
* User-friendly format including extensive use of chemical schemes with annotated mechanistic explanations
(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:58:34 -0400)
No library descriptions found.
RatingAverage: No ratings.
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.