Rescue Josh McGuire by Ben Mikaelsen

Rescue Josh McGuire

by Ben Mikaelsen

I especially enjoyed Rescue Josh McGuire because the setting of the story is in Bozeman, Montana. The book is filled with adventure in a place I lived for years. This made imagining the environment easy for me. The story made me think about how life can change in an instant and how life can change. The book has many possibilities for lessons. The spirit of adventure and survival lends itself to book talks for middle school students. Some of the issues he faces I can see being interesting to students. I am planning on reading this book to kick off an author study for our students. My hope is to have Ben Mikaelsen visit our school this spring.
  stacey.abrahamson | Jan 16, 2015 |
When thirteen-year-old Josh runs away to the mountains of Montana with an orphaned bear cub destined for laboratory testing, they both must fight for their lives in a sudden snowstorm.
  prkcs | Aug 9, 2010 |
This is an exciting book about a twelve year old boy who runs away to save a bear cub's life. The boy gets caught in a blizzard with the cub and his dog. The descriptions of the Montana wilderness and blizzard and the action made this a real page turner. ( )
  lparker | Sep 22, 2009 |
this is a grate book with a long rescue ( )
  111jreed | Nov 27, 2007 |

When Josh's father kills a new mother bear, Josh flees to the mountains with the cub, Pokey, and embarks on a thrilling adventure. Having evaded a massive search, Josh makes a condition of his return that the hunting laws are changed so that other cubs cannot be orphaned like Pokey.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:01 -0400)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,079,995 books! | Top bar: Always visible