The Art of the Heist: Confessions of a…

The Art of the Heist: Confessions of a Master Thief

by Myles J. Connor

Other authors: Jenny Siler

From New York's Metropolitan Museum of Art, to the Smithsonian Institution in D.C., to Boston's Museum of Fine Art, to dozens of regional museums throughout the United States, no museum was off-limits to art thief Myles Connor. His IQ is at genius level, and his charm is legendary. Part confession, part thrill ride, "The Art of the Heist" is impossible to put down.… (more)

I checked The Art of the Heist out of the library because I thought it was a true crime book about art theft. It was not. The Art of the Heist was about Myles Connor and his stories with only a few of them being about art heists. Most of it was boring and was basically a convicted criminal reminiscing (and bragging) about his exploits regardless of whether they involved art. ( )
  Irishcontessa | Mar 30, 2013 |
I'm giving this one negative ten stars! This is the sad, pitiful tale of a thug whose ego and self agrandizing mannerisms are larger than the amount of treasures and banks he has robbed.

Small in stature and weight, Miles hailed from a middle class family. His father a cop, his mother a good person. This guy's psychological condition could be a case study for counselors. I'm not one, but I'd venture to say that he is a sociopath with a hugely inflated sense of importance.

Rubbing banks, stealing art works and emotionally ruining people seem to be about the social skill level of this guy. In my day and age I think he word to describe him would be "punk". Bragging about how great you are when so many were impacted simply isn't tolerable.

Why this book was published is beyond me. I read most of it and then couldn't take it any more.
  Whisper1 | Sep 22, 2012 |
The slick logic of an antisocial art thief detracts. Because he wrote it himself there is no practical investigation or commentary. "i was framed'. Would like to know more about his art thefts and his dealings with the underground art world rather than his bank robberies. But that would be another book. ( )
  tuliene | Feb 27, 2011 |

Myles J. Connorprimary authorall editionscalculated
Siler, Jennysecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,822,168 books! | Top bar: Always visible