Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.
Mastering MySQL 4
No current Talk conversations about this book.
References to this work on external resources.
Wikipedia in English
Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0782141625, Paperback)MySQL Can Do More, and Now You Need to Know More
MySQL has proved it can compete with the big names in database management, such as SQL Server and Oracle, and with MySQL 4 this is truer than ever. Mastering MySQL 4 is your one-stop resource for all the information you need to create, maintain, use, and extend a MySQL database. It's also essential reading for anyone developing database applications in a MySQL environment. If you're new to MySQL, this is a great way to get up and running--fast. If you're upgrading, it will help you get all you can out of new features and support. Coverage includes:
* Installing MySQL
* Adding, removing, and updating records
* Choosing appropriate table types
* Choosing appropriate data types
* Optimizing MySQL queries
* Designing a database
* Normalizing table structure
* Maintaining and repairing databases
* Backing up and replicating data
* Managing user permissions and security
* Optimizing the MySQL server
* Extending MySQL
* Developing database applications
(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:31 -0400)
No library descriptions found.
RatingAverage: No ratings.
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.