Rose by Leigh Greenwood

Info:Ten Talents Press (2011), Edition: 1, Kindle Edition, 386 pages
Collections:Read, Your library
Tags:"Historical", "Western"

Seven Brides Rose (Seven Brides Series) by Leigh Greenwood

When Rose Thornton sees the advertisement for a cook for six men, she decides to take George Randolph on his offer, after he rescues her one day at work. So not realizing what she was in for, she goes to the homestead and was shocked to see what she would have to deal with, concerning the Randolph men. When she arrives, the place is a pigsty, and wonders how any of them could live like this. There is George, the oldest. Then there is Jeff, the twins: Monty and Hen, Tyler, and the younger and still a child, Zac, who captures her heart from the first day. But out of all the brothers, it is George, whom she finds herself drawn to despite the circumstances that surround them, with their fathers having fought on both sides of the war. But despite all that, there is a sizzling fire between George and Rose, that starts to turn into love, what neither of them expected to find.
Rose is the first in the Seven Brides Series, written by Leigh Greenwood. I can't count how many times I have read this book, I just love love love reading it, so I thought it was about time that I read it and do a review for it. So here I am. Leigh Greenwood is one of my favorites to read from if I am looking for a good American Western romance, and is a male author, which suprised me at first, since there aren't too many male romance authors, that I actually know of, so its truly a delight to find such a talented one. Every time I pick up Rose, I can't force myself to put it down, I just love it so much. I just love the idea of one woman civilizing six brother (technically seven, but Madison doesn't show in this book) and can hold her own. Definitely my type of heroine, and the hero is the classic tortured, planning to never marry type, but knows deep down its inevitable. So as far as a classic western romance, Rose hits the roof! Just loved it! ( )
  addictofromance | Mar 7, 2013 |
I like romantic westerns, there's something primal about cowboys that does it for me...anyway, I liked it a lot.
Rose, a outcast Yankee by the people of Austin, is the chosen to become the house cleaner at a ranch with seven brothers with a severe lack of everything and a powerful hate for the Yankees...
The way things were after the war, the resentment and the abandonment issues as well as the angst that comes with rebuilt everything from scratch, is all here.
The heroine, Rose, is young but strong, with a maternal side that will glue all the brothers together and the light that will guide them home, turning them into a real family.
George, the eldest, got the burden of their past on his shoulder and tries to make the boys civilized and to be an example but when he can't face his own demons, things got messy.
I find this story a charming one, with all the rules and dynamic of small towns in the west as well as funny, sad and lovely. ( )
  Lost_Lenore | Feb 27, 2013 |
w -read 5/09, keep, enjoyable read
  puzzleqt | May 29, 2009 |

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,458,007 books! | Top bar: Always visible