Treasure Forest (Forest Inside Trilogy) by…

Treasure Forest (Forest Inside Trilogy)

by Cat Bordhi

I bought this book when caught up in the frenzy of being amazed at her boundless creativity that you can't help but feel at the end of a knitting workshop with her. I was curious as to where that ability to make connections that others don't would take her in writing a novel; after all, where it takes her when she'd got yarn and needles in her hands is pretty amazing.

Then, I let the book rest on my shelf for years, untouched. I'm sorry I waited so long. This is a wonderful tale about two children learning about the magic of nature, and the nature of magic and the interconnectedness of all things. Thanks Cat! ( )
  shadowdancer | Jun 22, 2017 |
Ugh, I just couldn't finish this book. Mostly it was the fact that it is the first in a trilogy that has been out for SEVERAL years and the other two are no where in sight of being published. I can't take that crap. I'm fine (not thrilled) with books that have sequels that aren't out yet but are DEFINITELY coming out in the next few years. But this has nothing on the horizon. The characters were pretty flat and I just wanted a lot more out of it. Disappointed.
  chessakat | Feb 5, 2016 |
This book was a surprise. I didn't think I would like it as much as I did. It drew me in, like a moth to flame. There were a couple spots where it was slow or repetitive, but by and large, the "forest inside" captured me as it did the children. I have always believed in meditation and finding an inner peace, a connection to all things. This is what the book espouses. It's always nice to find an entertaining story that also enriches and confirms personal belief. This is what this book does for me. ( )
  SLHobbs | Oct 5, 2013 |

This is the challenge left for Ben Maclennon by his grandmother, and the start of an enchanting new trilogy that will take readers deep into the heart of the natural world-and into the secrets of their own souls...

After Grandma Daphne dies, Ben and his sister convince their parents to live in her home for one year, in spite of their mother's misgivings, and in spite of the fierce hermit who lives beyond the swamp.

Ben is convinced that he and Sara can reawaken their parents' joy in the woods-to feel its comfort instead of fear. But it will take a wheelchairbound private eye with a threelegged bloodhound, a Zen-master-like woman, an acorn flute homing device, Grandma Daphne's invisible presence, a tree house knit right into a tree, and a golden thread to help them-and to discover the life-changing answer to the mysterious riddle of the pond.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:05 -0400)

Accompanied by a wheelchair-bound private eye, a three-legged bloodhound, a Zen master-like woman, and an acorn flute, Ben and Sara venture into the forest to solve Grandma Daphnes' last riddle: How can you retrieve a treasure from the bottom of a pond without disturbing the water?… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,371,121 books! | Top bar: Always visible