No title

Info:
Collections:
Tags:{Romántica Histórica}, Bedwyn

Slightly Married by Mary Balogh

I love a good marriage of convenience story but at first I had some trouble warming up to Aidan & Eve (heh - I went through the whole book without realizing "Aidan & Eve"). He was rather cold and stuffy and she seemed too perfect like some sort of Disney heroine. But once Aiden starts to smile and Eve shows a prickly side in standing up to the Bedwyns I warmed up to them a lot and ending up enjoying their story very much. ( )
  CCleveland | Nov 27, 2013 |
What can I say? I'm a sucker for Mary Balogh's books.

After reading the last of this series first -- [b:Slightly Dangerous|71648|Slightly Dangerous (Bedwyn Saga, #6)|Mary Balogh|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1320440392s/71648.jpg|69382] (because it was the highest rated on GR) -- I'm now going back to read the entire series. This family is that compelling.

And, this is not just another marriage-of-convenience story; there are external as well as personal pressures that lead the characters to find love with one another. Along the way, we're introduced to the entire Bedwyn family, and they are a handful, to say the least.

Balogh also creates an intriguing cast of secondary characters, in the heroine's cobbled together "family" of lame ducks. You can't help but love all of them.

Aidan is delicious. His transition from taciturn soldier concerned only with Duty to loving Papa is especially touching.

So, I'm off to explore the next chapter! ( )
  LadyWesley | Sep 25, 2013 |
First read March 2011
I guess I thought I would never re-read this one and I can see why. I really did like it but the non-communication and some filler is just a little too much over the top. I would say 3 1/2 and almost feel like bringing it down to 3 on the re-read but.... I still read it straight through and liked the ending. ( )
  tivonut | Jul 25, 2013 |
The Bedwyn Saga has always been a favorite of mine, and this is the book that started it all. Balogh's oblique feints past such familiar romance tropes seem obvious to me now... but I think back in the day, new to romance and new to this series, SLIGHTLY MARRIED was the perfect balance of historical conventionand modern humor and love. I still get choked up when Becky runs across the field yelling "Papa". ( )
  Capnrandm | Apr 15, 2013 |
The scene was all too familiar to the man surveying it.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0440241049, Mass Market Paperback)

Meet the Bedwyns…six brothers and sisters—men and women of passion and privilege, daring and sensuality…Enter their dazzling world of high society and breathtaking seduction…where each will seek love, fight temptation, and court scandal…and where Aidan Bedwyn, the marriage-shy second son, discovers that matrimony may be the most seductive act of all.…

Like all the Bedwyn men, Aidan has a reputation for cool arrogance. But this proud nobleman also possesses a loyal, passionate heart—and it is this fierce loyalty that has brought Colonel Lord Aidan to Ringwood Manor to honor a dying soldier's request. Having promised to comfort and protect the man's sister, Aidan never expected to find a headstrong, fiercely independent woman who wants no part of his protection…nor did he expect the feelings this beguiling creature would ignite in his guarded heart. And when a relative threatens to turn Eve out of her home, Aidan gallantly makes her an offer she can't refuse: marry him…if only to save her home. And now, as all of London breathlessly awaits the transformation of the new Lady Aidan Bedwyn, the strangest thing happens: With one touch, one searing embrace, Aidan and Eve's “business arrangement” is about to be transformed…into something slightly surprising.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:46:53 -0400)

Meet the Bedwyns, six brothers and sisters--men and women of passion and privilege, daring and sensuality. Enter their dazzling world of high society and breathtaking seduction, where each will seek love, fight temptation, and court scandal, and where Aidan Bedwyn, the marriage-shy second son, discovers that matrimony may be the most seductive act of all. Like all the Bedwyn men, Aidan has a reputation for cool arrogance. But this proud nobleman also possesses a loyal, passionate heart--and it is this fierce loyalty that has brought Colonel Lord Aidan to Ringwood Manor to honor a dying soldier's request. Having promised to comfort and protect the man's sister, Aidan never expected to find a headstrong, fiercely independent woman who wants no part of his protection, nor did he expect the feelings this beguiling creature would ignite in his guarded heart. And when a relative threatens to turn Eve out of her home, Aidan gallantly makes her an offer she can't refuse: marry him, if only to save her home. And now, as all of London breathlessly awaits the transformation of the new Lady Aidan Bedwyn, the strangest thing happens: With one touch, one searing embrace, Aidan and Eve's business arrangement is about to be transformed into something slightly surprising.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,570,954 books! | Top bar: Always visible