No title

Authors:
Info:
Collections:

Slightly Married by Mary Balogh

Great kick off to my latest series by Mary Balogh.

This book is a keeper -- Mary Balogh writes good rereads! ( )
  olongbourn | Mar 1, 2015 |
Colonel Lord Aidan Bedwyn never thought that by delivering the news of a fellow officer's death that he would end up married. This was not part of his plan, he had worked out how things were going to be and this was not the plan, only she]'s attractive and interesting and is starting to catch his interest.

Miss Eve Morris didn't believe that she wouldn't marry a neighbour, a man who gave her vague promises about marriage, but she's only days away from losing her house, Aidan offers her a way out, a way to keep her misfit family together, where he will not interfere, but the two of them start to be attracted to each other and maybe the terms and conditions could change.

Entertaining and light ( )
  wyvernfriend | Jan 2, 2015 |
What can I say? I'm a sucker for Mary Balogh's books.

After reading the last of this series first -- [b:Slightly Dangerous|71648|Slightly Dangerous (Bedwyn Saga, #6)|Mary Balogh|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1320440392s/71648.jpg|69382] (because it was the highest rated on GR) -- I'm now going back to read the entire series. This family is that compelling.

And, this is not just another marriage-of-convenience story; there are external as well as personal pressures that lead the characters to find love with one another. Along the way, we're introduced to the entire Bedwyn family, and they are a handful, to say the least.

Balogh also creates an intriguing cast of secondary characters, in the heroine's cobbled together "family" of lame ducks. You can't help but love all of them.

Aidan is delicious. His transition from taciturn soldier concerned only with Duty to loving Papa is especially touching.

So, I'm off to explore the next chapter! ( )
  LadyWesley | Sep 25, 2013 |
First read March 2011
I guess I thought I would never re-read this one and I can see why. I really did like it but the non-communication and some filler is just a little too much over the top. I would say 3 1/2 and almost feel like bringing it down to 3 on the re-read but.... I still read it straight through and liked the ending. ( )
  tivonut | Jul 25, 2013 |

Mary Baloghprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Flosnik, AnnReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Cardenas, JuanaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Luzia, MargaridaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Tranchart, Marie-NoëlleTraductionsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The scene was all too familiar to the man surveying it.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0440241049, Mass Market Paperback)

Meet the Bedwyns…six brothers and sisters—men and women of passion and privilege, daring and sensuality…Enter their dazzling world of high society and breathtaking seduction…where each will seek love, fight temptation, and court scandal…and where Aidan Bedwyn, the marriage-shy second son, discovers that matrimony may be the most seductive act of all.…

Like all the Bedwyn men, Aidan has a reputation for cool arrogance. But this proud nobleman also possesses a loyal, passionate heart—and it is this fierce loyalty that has brought Colonel Lord Aidan to Ringwood Manor to honor a dying soldier's request. Having promised to comfort and protect the man's sister, Aidan never expected to find a headstrong, fiercely independent woman who wants no part of his protection…nor did he expect the feelings this beguiling creature would ignite in his guarded heart. And when a relative threatens to turn Eve out of her home, Aidan gallantly makes her an offer she can't refuse: marry him…if only to save her home. And now, as all of London breathlessly awaits the transformation of the new Lady Aidan Bedwyn, the strangest thing happens: With one touch, one searing embrace, Aidan and Eve's “business arrangement” is about to be transformed…into something slightly surprising.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:56 -0400)

There are six brothers and sisters in the Bedwyn family. One of the brothers, Aidan, goes to Ringwood Manor to honor a dying soldier's request to comfort and protect the man's sister. The woman is being turned out of her home by a relative and to save her home she marries Aidan. What began as a marriage of convenience, eventually transforms into something else.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 98,481,554 books! | Top bar: Always visible