So Speaks the Heart by Johanna Lindsey

So Speaks the Heart

by Johanna Lindsey

Everyone loves a Lindsey! I am certainly no exception. This book in particular holds a special place in my heart as it was the very first historical romance I ever read. Up to this book I was reading only contemporary series romances, such as Harlequin, Silhouette and Loveswept. My Aunt Jill lend me this one from her book shelf, and it was all over for me. This was my niche. I read each and every Lindsey novel that had been published to date, and then began the agonizing wait for the next release. Then the drooling over the hardcover editions I had no way of affording with my papergirl wages (Hey, I was like 13 at the time). Then finally the paperback would be released, and I would buy, devour it in hours and the agonizing would start anew. I can still remember reading, rereading and then re-rereading my books over and over again while waiting for my favorite authors to get with the program, and feed my addiction. I remember the joy of discovering yet one more author that would take precious space on my bookshelves, after all only the greats made my "collection." I still have 97% of all the books, and it makes me so happy to know that I kept them. Especially now that a lot of them are being reprinted, but not with their cover art. The cover art on those books were the stuff of dreams to a pubescent teenager.

After writing this I realize it has been years since I last read this one, or anything from my collection case. The hubby is away this weekend, and I'm thinking it would be a great time to catch up with some old friends. ( )
  BethMcV69 | Jun 17, 2016 |
Typical Lindsey historical. Overblown emotional yarn with great characters. Quick read. ( )
  lesmel | Jul 14, 2013 |
i loved it.......it was my favorite book ( )
  lbekker | Sep 5, 2008 |

Johanna Lindseyprimary authorall editionscalculated
Bauduin, FrançoisTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Milenkovitch, MichelTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

His valor offered refuge to a heart witch offered love. She was born a lady, heiress to rich French estates. But when Rowland of Montville captured her, he saw only a beautiful girl garbed in peasant's rags... a wench to serve his wants. Though betrayed into bondage, Brigitte de Louroux would never be any man's slave. Yet the fate of an unprotected woman could have been far more cruel than the rough embrace of a warrior lord as fair as Rowland of Montville. Defenseless against his unbridled passions, she yielded her innocence to the desires he aroused in her heart. And he, who had never known the enchantment of a woman's surrender, found a power in love as mighty as the sword he raised against their enemies.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0380814714, Mass Market Paperback)

Born a wealthy French heiress but betrayed into bondage, Brigitte de Louroux swears she will never be any man's slave.

Rugged and powerful Rowland of Montville sees only a beautiful enchantress in peasant's rags -- a wench to serve his every need. Defenseless against his unbridled passions, Brigitte is forced to yield her innocence to desires the warrior lord arouses in her heart. But her surrender will vanquish the handsome knight - awakening within him a love as mighty and relentless as his conquering sword.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:20 -0400)

Born into nobility but betrayed into bondage, Brigitte de Louroux swears she will be no man's slave. But she is defenseless against the unbridled passion of Rowland of Montville -- and unable to silence a treacherous heart that begs her to love him. At first, Rowland can see only a beautiful wench to serve his every need. But it is her surrender that enslaves the rugged and handsome knight. Yielding her innocence to his powerful desires, Brigitte has unknowingly vanquished her breathtaking captor, awakening a love within him as relentless and mighty as his conquering sword.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,452,153 books! | Top bar: Always visible