Sooner or Later (Deliverance Company #2) by…

Sooner or Later (Deliverance Company #2)

by Debbie Macomber

No one in the tiny town of Boothill, Texas, knows the real Shaun Murphy--and that's the way he likes it. But he can't hide from the pretty young postmistress, Letty Madden. Letty's brother is missing, and Murphy can help her find him. But when Letty comes to him for help, he makes her a very indecent proposal.… (more)

Sooner or Later is the second of Debbie Macomber’s Deliverance Company novels and consists of two stories told in tandem. In the main story, Letty Madden, postmistress of Boothill, Texas tries to employ Deliverance Company mercenary, Shaun Murphy to go with her to the troubled Central American country of Zarcero to rescue her twin brother, missionary, Luke Madden. But Murphy has no intention of helping her out, and, to put her off, he tells her he will only agree if she spends a night with him, certain she will refuse. But Letty surprises him, and soon enough he finds himself in the jungles of Zarcero, avoiding rebel soldiers and trying to keep Letty safe as they search for her brother. In the background story, Jack Keller, another Deliverance Company mercenary, tries to win Marcie Alexander, the woman whom he has made a practice of using rather badly, when he finds her a changed woman with a suitor in attendance. This novel is a departure from Macomber’s usual format, quite a bit sexier and has a couple of tough heroes and feisty heroines. An enjoyable read. ( )
  CloggieDownunder | Mar 16, 2012 |
I thought this was a great read! Murphy is so cocky but slowly Letty grows on him. I cried when he saved her, and could have been killed himself. Was one of the first Macomber books I read. ( )
  mrs.wood | Oct 7, 2010 |
Very disappointed in this book. I usually like Debbie Macomber for her ability to tell a story and build relationships. I choose her books when I want something other than violence and sex. If this had been the first of her books I had read, I would not pick up another one. ( )
  SherrySmith | Aug 20, 2009 |
Murphy is a rough, tough solider of fortune in Central America on a no-win job and regretting every minute. A woman named Letty Madden hired me to find her missing brother. He figured this prim and proper Texas postmistress would run and hide when he named his price: one night.
  DunnFunKat | Sep 14, 2007 |

Dear Jack,

I may be a rough, tough solider of fortune but I've met my match!

I'm in Central America on a no-win job and regretting every minute. A woman named Letty Madden hired me to find her missing brother. I'd figured this prim and proper Texas postmistress would run and hide when I named my price: one night. I was wrong.

I swear the woman is my punishment for never giving a damn about anyone. She's as stubborn as a mule and soft and sweet . . . and hell, buddy, I'm in big trouble. Getting out alive is the least of my problems.

Murphy

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,813,249 books! | Top bar: Always visible