My Boys Can Swim!: The Official Guy's Guide…

My Boys Can Swim!: The Official Guy's Guide to Pregnancy

by Ian Davis

Maybe you need to be a man to appreciate this, but I read it in what seemed like minutes and still thought it was a waste of time. The "humor" wasn't very humorous, for one thing. Since there was no real information on pregnancy provided, I really didn't see what the point was. I will be interested to hear my husband's opinion. I read it to make sure it wasn't going to fill his head with lies. I'm not sure it didn't--didn't really like that the book assumed certain things suck for all men all the time. Self-fulfilling prophesies and all that. ( )
  eslee | Feb 25, 2009 |

Finally—A Pregnancy Book That Won't Put Men to Sleep
My Boys Can Swim! tells real men everything they really want to know about pregnancy, such as: How much is it going to cost? Why does your wife primp before seeing her doctor when she hasn't put a stitch of make-up on for you in months? And, most important, what's it going to do to your sex life?
This rollicking, laugh-out-loud book is for expectant dads in search of bottom-line pregnancy information, without all that boring touchy-feely stuff you find in those books written for women. Inside you'll discover helpful—and hilarious—information and insights on such topics as:
The Maternity Wardrobe: "A key part of the maternity wardrobe is maternity underwear—parachute-like undies big enough to fit an NFL defensive lineman."
Baby Names: "Don't give your kids mockable names like Thaddeus, which is Greek for 'I'm a dork and should be beaten up.'"
The Birth: "No one told me it's normal that babies' heads can be misshapen at birth. I was convinced that my wife gave birth to Veldar, the conehead."

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:02 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,990,413 books! | Top bar: Always visible