Wed Him Before You Bed Him by Sabrina…

Wed Him Before You Bed Him

by Sabrina Jeffries

Recently added byBugetta, arena50, private library, sammii507, rena70, CAMMD, Nutzoid, BrownvilleLibrary, KSabourin, jedilora

This book was enjoyable, and a relatively fast read. I read it in one day. I think she could have gone more in depth with the characters, especially David, and the ending seemed kind of rushed, but it was certainly worth reading, and a good conclusion to the series. ( )
  sammii507 | Aug 19, 2014 |
I think one of my favorite literary moments was finally finding out who "Cousin Michael" is! After months of reading this entire tantalizing fun series it's so exciting to see the stories all come together with the revealing of a major character!

I loved the romance between Charlotte and "the hero" (will withhold name to avoid spoilers). Their story was sweet and exciting and so romantic! The flashbacks were well portrayed and it ties up a lot of loose ends from earlier books.

I loved the guest appearances by Amelia and Major Winter, the story about saving the school, and the scandal around a certain suicide ...

Exciting, exciting, exciting!! I just loved this novel! ( )
  Azacia | Dec 8, 2013 |
Sixth/final book of the School for Heiresses series. At the age of 18 Charlotte writes a mean-spirited letter about David and it finds its way into a newspaper. Years later Charlotte is Mrs Charlotte Harris of Mrs Harris' School for Young Ladies and David is her anonymous benefactor "Cousin Michael". The two reconnect and fall in love, but the secret of David's identity threatens to end their relationship. Not really all that tense, and with rather forgettable characters. ( )
  Elishibai | Oct 2, 2009 |
Enjoyable, but convoluted story line. ( )
  echarles18 | Jul 28, 2009 |
We finally get the story of Cousin Michael and Headmistress Charlotte in "Wed Him Before You Bed Him", Sabrina Jeffries latest in her 'School for Heiresses' series. Michael's identity is a surprise as is the 'incident' that began the whole charade.

Charlotte's school is in danger. Her neighbor is planning to sell his estate to a horse-racing developer and Cousin Michael isn't answering her letters! Then from nowhere Lord Kirkwood appears bearing a legacy from his recently deceased wife to the tune of 30,000 pounds. But in order to accept it, she'll have to spend time with him and only she and Lord Kirkwood know why that's NOT a good idea. Eighteen years ago they were in love, but a misunderstanding and a mistake caused Charlotte to unintentionally blacken his name almost beyond repair. The years since have shown both of them the error of their ways, but it's too late now. Isn't it?

David, Lord Kirkwood, is determined to help Charlotte save her school. After all, it was his original plan for vengence that started the whole Cousin Michael masquerade. But it didn't take long for true friendship and regard to grow and now he's afraid if she doesn't agree to relocate her school, she'll learn of his deception all these years. Unfortunately, passion and a murder mystery may force him to give up his secrets before he's won her heart again.

Although there were times I wanted to smack Charlotte into next week for her stubborness, I still enjoyed this book. I'm sure each of us can remember a time when we made a grevious mistake, maybe not quite as bad as Charlotte's, but then again... True forgiveness and love's healing are both at the heart of this story and how can I not love that?

Sabrina Jeffries writes with passion. Her characters come alive and suck me into their stories. "Wed Him Before You Bed Him" is no different. The murder mystery was fairly easy to figure out, but the real emphasis in the story is on David and Charlotte and how they face their fears and overcome the past. Just a good read on a Sunday afternoon. ( )
1 vote jjmachshev | Jul 19, 2009 |

"At eighteen, Charlotte Page made a life-altering mistake. She wronged a man in an impulsive act that she came to deeply regret, though it led her to her present life as Mrs. Charlotte Harris, owner of Mrs. Harris' School for Young Ladies. Unbeknownst to her, that man is now her anonymous benefactor, the mysterious "Cousin Michael." His masquerade began as preparation for a devastating revenge, but became a labor of love. Now Charlotte desperately needs his help. Can he save her from disaster as his real self without revealing the ugly secret behind his charade? Or will the mistakes of both their pasts tear them apart forever?" (from back cover)

"At eighteen, Charlotte Page made a life-altering mistake. She wronged a man in an impulsive act that she came to deeply regret, though it led her to her present life as Mrs. Charlotte Harris, owner of Mrs. Harris's School for Young Ladies. Unbeknownst to her, that man is now her anonymous benefactor, the mysterious 'Cousin Michael.' His masquerade began as preparation for a devastating revenge, but became a labor of love. Now Charlotte desperately needs his help. Can he save her from disaster as his real self without revealing the ugly secret behind his charade? Or will the mistakes of both their pasts tear them apart forever?"--from publisher's website.… (more)

Sabrina Jeffries is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,971,831 books! | Top bar: Always visible