Let's Do Nothing! by Tony Fucile

Let's Do Nothing! (2009)

by Tony Fucile

218None53,078 (4.16)2

This story is really driven by dialogue, which is very entertaining and enticing. My favorite pages were those that didn't include text when we saw the activity in Frankie's imagination. The two characters really bounce off of one another well. It was fun to take doing nothing so literally.
  biarias | Mar 13, 2014 |
I love this story and it is so fun. I don't think that it really relates to a lesson as much as it is just a super fun book for kids to read or hear. It is definitely a fun read aloud book and it could get their imaginations working but it doesn't really relate to much I feel like. The illustrations are super silly and fun too!
  ChelseaLawler | Mar 11, 2014 |
Great book and illustrations :) Had a laugh! ( )
  lmeza | Feb 6, 2014 |
This is a cute story that was well-loved by many of my students who are boys in particular, and tells about two young boys who try their hardest, and by using their imagination over and over again, to do absolutely nothing. Of course they realize by the end of the book that it's part of being human to have some kind of action going on, even if it's simply breathing or blinking, and that it's virtually impossible to do absolutely nothing. The illustrations are as powerful in telling the story as are the words, and the font is particularly well-chosen, too, especially with size differences used to emphasize certain words or emotions that the boys go through. I think this story would be one that could be used in science lesson about the human body and its basic functions, or to demonstrate the power of imagination. ( )
  SweetBeeBecky | Dec 3, 2013 |
Frankie and Sal have run out of things to do: "We've played every sport ever invented" and "baked enough cookies to feed a small country--" Then Sal hits upon a solution: "Let's do nothing!" How hard could that be?
  roxannawilliams | Jun 12, 2013 |

Don’t move! A master of animation explores the elusive art of doing nothing in this comical tale of two very active imaginations.

Frankie and Sal have already played every sport and board game invented, baked and eaten batches of cookies, and painted a zillion pictures. What’s left to do? Nothing! Ten seconds of nothing! Can they do it? Can they act like stone statues in the park? Can they simply hold their breath and not blink an eye? With a wink to the reader and a command of visual humor, feature film animator Tony Fucile demonstrates the Zen-like art of doing nothing...oops! Couldn’t do it!

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:54:19 -0400)

Candlewick Press

An edition of this book was published by Candlewick Press.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,508,313 books! | Top bar: Always visible