Guitar Highway Rose by Brigid Lowry

Guitar Highway Rose (1997)

by Brigid Lowry

1202100,400 (3.31)2

The recent reviews I've read on this have been mediocre at best but I really didn't like it. The language is childish and the characters are boring. In the very first chapter there are sentences that repeatedly use "and" or are short and choppy, it reads like a young kid's book! ( )
  emleemay | Mar 30, 2013 |
I had some preconceptions about Guitar Highway Rose by Brigid Lowry, and to be honest it wasn't what I expected. I had anticipated a road story focusing on two teenagers running away from their problems. But that part was not the main focus of the novel.

Lowry sets up a story with vivid characters and detailed backgrounds, and readers get to delve into the minds of not only Rosie and Asher, the leads, but also their families and friends, teachers and casual acquaintances. I loved the writing style and the easy pace of this book. It was a quick read that never got boring. ( )
  TheHeathers | Feb 18, 2013 |

Two fifteen-year-olds, Rosie and Asher, upset over the various unhappy circumstances of their lives in the Australian city of Perth, decide to run away. Their lives are turned upside down as they take to the road to discover the world, strengthen their friendship, and learn the darker and lighter sides of their own identities.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:29 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,620,071 books! | Top bar: Always visible