Dogs by Emily Gravett

On each spread, the narrator professes to love opposite types of dogs (big or small, hairy or bald, etc.), but I found I usually liked only one half of each pairing (big, hairy, etc.) so I had a book that was half full of dogs I didn't like and a twist ending that was pretty stupid. Blah. ( )
  villemezbrown | Jul 28, 2018 |
This book is about the many different varieties of dogs in the world. It is about how there is big dogs, small dogs, furry dogs, messy dogs and so on. I would say the pictures is what primarily tells the story because this book has fewer words which I think makes it easier for younger kids to read.
  brittanysmith | Apr 27, 2017 |
Loved this cute dog book. ( )
  maddiemoof | Oct 20, 2015 |
Summary:
An excellent book for comparing dogs. The dogs are all different kinds of breeds. The book illustrates the different sizes and behaviors each dog may exhibit. Dog lovers of all ages will love this book. This book is a speedy read and fun for reading out loud.
Personal Reaction:
I loved this book. Since we are a family with lots of pets, this book was perfect. Of course it made me miss all the dogs that I have had over the years and long for another one, but we have decided that 2 cats, 3 bunnies, and 1 inherited Chihuahua is plenty.
Classroom Extension Ideas:
1. Children could bring a picture of their favorite type of dog and discuss the characteristics.
2. A lesson on pet shelters and the importance of responsible pet ownership.
3. The children could do a collage art project of different dog pictures. ( )
  Donna.Hice | Jul 8, 2015 |
In this book "Dogs" it tells us about all the different kind of dogs we have. All the dogs are different in look, size, and behavior. Some dogs are good and some are bad. Some has hair and some are bald. After going through the whole book, for me is like it is a good book form small children because most of the children loves dogs and when given information of the dogs they will really love it and enjoy it.
  ryleangel | May 27, 2015 |

Gorgeous canines of every shape, size and colour are bounding through this irresistible book. Can you choose one dog to love best of all? With playful pencil and watercolour illustrations to delight children and adults alike, everyone will long to bark along with the Chihuahua and tickle the Dalmatian's tummy. This is a wonderfully satisfying book with a twist in the tail.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:46 -0400)

Big dogs, small dogs, stripy dogs, spotty dogs. There are so many different kinds of dogs. How can anyone pick one type of dog to love the most?

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,494,019 books! | Top bar: Always visible