Do Good Design: How Designers Can Change the…

Do Good Design: How Designers Can Change the World (edition 2008)

by David B. Berman

Member:gregvogl
Title:Do Good Design: How Designers Can Change the World
Authors:David B. Berman
Info:Peachpit Press (2008), Edition: 1, Paperback, 192 pages
Tags:computers, technology

Do Good Design: How Designers Can Change the World by David B. Berman

One of the best books I've ever read. Inspiring clear message that could change many industries... ( )
  zu3 | Mar 26, 2009 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 032157320X, Paperback)

FOREWORD BY ERIK  SPIEKERMANN

How did design help choose a president?
Why are people buying houses they cannot afford?
Why do U.S. car makers now struggle to compete? Why do we really have an environmental crisis?
Design matters. Like never before.

Disarming the weapons of mass deception.
Designers create so much of what we see, what we use, and what we experience. In this time of unprecedented environmental, social, and economic crises, designers can choose what their young profession will be about: inventing deceptions that encourage more consumption—or helping repair the world.

Do Good Design is a call to action:
It alerts designers to the role they play in persuading global audiences to fulfill invented needs. The book outlines a more sustainable approach to both the practice and the consumption of design. All professionals will be inspired by the message of how one industry can feel better about itself by holding onto its principles. In this provocative and dramatically-illustrated book, David Berman offers a powerful and hopeful message for all designers.

Today, everyone is a designer.
And the future of civilization is our common design project.

Do Good Design is an AIGA Design Press book, published under Peachpit's New Riders imprint in partnership with AIGA. The author will make a donation of 10% of his proceeds to a not for-profit organization whose mission is in alignment with the goals of this book.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:05:18 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,831,329 books! | Top bar: Always visible