Tender Rebel by Johanna Lindsey

Tender Rebel

by Johanna Lindsey

Series: Malory-Anderson Family (2)

Roslynn flees to England in order to find a husband and protect herself from a scheming cousin who wants her inheritance. Anthony is a confirmed Rake but is drawn to Roslynn. She seeks his help to screen prospective husbands but he wants her to himself. She creates ridiculous rules about their relationship and spend a good deal of the time fighting.
  wyldheartreads | Jun 20, 2019 |
This book, which is the second in the Malory series, is one of my all time favourites. Anthony Malory is a great leading man. He's funny, charming, bold and a fantastic fighter (in more than one sense of the word) when needed. Rosylnn is a firey tempered scot. She's got courage, spunk and knows how to hold her own against a rake like Tony. Both characters are so stubborn, that at some points you just wanna shake 'em but I like how they work through it. I am happy that both can admit they're wrong.

This story also shows some more of the Malory family and actually has my favourite little book joiners that some authors do... when the secondary characters are drawn to each other and seem to be having a sub story going on behind the scenes of the current story... be forewarned. If you haven't read the first book in this series, there are quite a few spoilers in this one, about that story. I am off to re-read another favourite book of mine. The third Malory Series! Gentle Rogue. ( )
  MyaB | Apr 25, 2018 |
My least favorite book so far in the series. Rosaline drove me crazy, I didn't like her and I was really disappointed. The heroine fighting over nothing and then trying to spend all of her husbands money to get back at him. I just don't like childish behavior that goes on for way to long, it gets tiring. I have been reading the series out of order so I had been really excited about reading Anthony's story. ( )
  tiffsaddictiontobook | Jul 18, 2017 |
Roslynn is running for her life from her evil cousin Geordie who wants to forcibly marry her and steal her fortune. She runs across known rogue and womanizer, Anthony Malory, who is so smitten with her that though he's sworn never to marry, he offers to do so in order to protect her.
I so much love this series. ( )
  EmScape | Jul 7, 2017 |
There were bits and pieces of this book that were a bit different from some of the others, in terms of setting, background, and so on. But on the whole, it was pretty formulaic to the rest of the series. This Malory family member is about as condescending and high-handed as most of the rest of them, and his intended-beloved is sort-of likable at the beginning; they actually get married, and all of a sudden, she turns into a psycho-jerk. I really wanted Anthony Malory to throttle her. I found myself rooting for him, and wanting her to get her comeuppance. I'm not sure that was Ms. Lindsey's goal. ( )
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |

Johanna Lindseyprimary authorall editionscalculated
Merlington, LauralReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Benita, PaulTraductionsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
von Reinhardt, AlexandraTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This book is dedicated with love
to all my readers,
with special thanks to those who wanted
Uncle Tony to have his own story.
Chapter One
England, 1818

"Are ye scared, hinny?"

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0380750864, Mass Market Paperback)

A cunning, ruthless, yet irresistible rake, Anthony's sensual blue eyes speak of pleasures beyond her imagining—and Roslynn dearly wishes she dared to surrender to such a man. Believing his passionate promises will surely lead to disaster. But denying her heart may cost the exquisite Highlands lady an unparalleled love hotter than flame and more precious than the rarest jewel.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:57 -0400)

Scottish beauty Roslynn Chadwick needs the safety of marriage to protect her from an unscrupulous cousin and the fortune-hunting scoundrels who covet her wealth. And Anthony Malory is precisely the sort of handsome rogue she's been warned against. A cunning, ruthless, yet irresistible rake, Anthony's sensual blue eyes speak of pleasures beyond her imagining-and Roslynn dearly wishes she dared to surrender to such a man. Believing his passionate promises will surely lead to disaster. But denying her heart may cost the exquisite Highlands lady an unparalleled love hotter than flame and more previous than the rarest jewel--Publisher's description.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,482,744 books! | Top bar: Always visible