Vegan Brunch: Homestyle Recipes Worth Waking…

Vegan Brunch: Homestyle Recipes Worth Waking Up For--From Asparagus… (edition 2009)

by Isa Chandra Moskowitz

Omelets. French toast. Bacon. Brunch has always been about comfort, calories-and for vegans everywhere, a feast of foods they can't touch. Until now! Bestselling vegan chef Isa Chandra Moskowitz unleashes her signature flair and ingenuity to give readers breakfast they won't find anywhere else, whether welcoming you from a late night on the town or waking you up for a meal you won't want to forget.Recipes range from the classic (Pancakes and Waffles) to the inspired (Banana Rabanada) to the decadent (Pain au Chocolat) to the essential (Bloody Marys). The book also includes gluten-free and soy-free recipes. With over 75 recipes suitable for one or to wow a crowd, and gorgeous color photos throughout, Vegan Brunch is the ultimate cookbook for the most important meal of the day.… (more)
Member:CMahoney415
Title:Vegan Brunch: Homestyle Recipes Worth Waking Up For--From Asparagus Omelets to Pumpkin Pancakes
Authors:Isa Chandra Moskowitz
Info:Da Capo Lifelong Books (2009), Paperback, 256 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:entertaining, brunch, breakfast foods, breakfast for dinner, veganism, vegan cooking, vegetarian cooking, egg-free, dairy-free, Post-Punk Kitchen, tofu omelet

Vegan Brunch: Homestyle Recipes Worth Waking Up For from Asparagus Omelets to Pumpkin Pancakes by Isa Chandra Moskowitz

Perhaps my favorite of Isa's books. It's filled with recipes that are achievable by almost anyone. The ingredients are mostly available from a well-stocked supermarket. The basics- vegan sausages, tofu scramble, pancakes, and bagels are all solid recipes. The fact she included a tempeh scramble means that there will always be a warm place in my heart for her.
  Vantine | Mar 14, 2014 |
I haven't yet gotten around to reviewing this cookbook - but you can see some of the dishes I've made from Vegan Brunch here: http://www.easyvegan.info/tag/vegan-brunch/
  smiteme | Oct 14, 2013 |
I have tried so many recipes from this cookbook, and all were delicious and successful. No duds! As if I would expect any less from Isa! Some of my faves:
-Raised waffles
-Chelsea waffles
-Gingerbread waffles...I'm sensing a theme here
-Banana Flapjacks
-Diner potatoes
Oh man, there are so many. I LOVE this cookbook! ( )
  megtall | May 27, 2011 |
This is one of my all time favorite cookbooks, and I think it is that is the best actual book from Moskowitz, the photography is beautiful, each recipe is clear and on its own page, the layout is nice, the instructions are all a lot of fun. The recipes are absolutely fabulous! I can't tell you if my favorite is the cherry sage sausage, the polenta rancheros, or the breakfast risotto but I have made these all so many times I know them by heart! The cashew sour cream, the crepes, everything is just spot on. Even if you aren't vegan you will enjoy the style and new ways to integrate vegetables and cruelty free recipes into your repertoire. ( )
  fikustree | Aug 11, 2010 |
Vegan Brunch has quickly become one of my favorite cookbooks. Although I find that Moskowitz's pancakes are of the really flat and wet variety, there is much more in this cookbook than just pancakes. I've tried many of the muffins, sausages, and gravies just to name a few. This is my favorite cookbook for weekend mornings when I have all the time in the world to cook and want to enjoy a delicious late-morning or early-afternoon meal with my boyfriend. ( )
  lemontwist | Jan 9, 2010 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 155,891,050 books! | Top bar: Always visible