God Ain't Blind by Mary Monroe

God Ain't Blind

by Mary Monroe

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Mary Monroe does it again with her thought provoking novels about life, challenges, love, pain and the willingness to persevere. I am not a fan of novels, but I would recommend this one!
  nluvwithx | Dec 11, 2013 |
God Ain't Blind by Mary Monroe

I always feel badly when I am disappointed in an ARC/ER book but must admit that was the case with this story.
The main characters in this book are two African American women in their late forties to early fifties. Long married with children, they have tired & become bored with their husbands or their husbands have become tired & bored with them. One of them has been having an affair with another man for twenty years and the other is just beginning her affair with another man. There is a lot of chatter between the 'girls' over their men; both their husbands and their lovers.
I took the opportunity to apply the Pearl Rule in this instance at about eighty pages into the book. It just didn't work for me. I didn't care at all about the characters which I do not find necessary to enjoy a book but I do need to find them interesting to a degree which in this case I did not.
I am sorry to say that I just did not like this book. ( )
2 vote rainpebble | Sep 12, 2013 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Mary Monroe has created a modern urban, female Ethan Frome who wrecks her marriage due to an affair. Older women can relate to the situation of a woman in her forties who succumbs to the flattery of a younger man. The situations and characters are vivid but believable, but Monroe's writing is often trite, wordy, and heavy handed. ( )
  ManuelaK | Aug 31, 2010 |
I almost stopped reading this book because it didn't seem to be going anywhere. But I kept on and it sucked me in like a cheesy soap-opera. I ended up liking the book and the quirky characters. ( )
  IntrinsiclyMe | Nov 18, 2009 |
A bit risque in the language..a lot of f words throughout, and a lot of sex. But it goes with the story line, so it can be acceptable to most readers. This story is about an affair, telling of the affair, healing the marriage, and most importantly, throughout the book, how one can be taken advantage of. Good reading, if overlooking a lot of the f wording.
1 vote bakersfieldbarbara | Sep 9, 2009 |

After a crash diet and a makeover fail to get the attention of her husband, Annette shacks up with Louis and goes on a spending spree, until she discovers a terrible secret about Louis and turns to her friend, Rhoda, for help.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alumn

God Ain't Blind by Mary Monroe was made available through LibraryThing Early Reviewers. Sign up to possibly get pre-publication copies of books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,026,776 books! | Top bar: Always visible