Life on Another Planet by Will Eisner

Life on Another Planet

by Will Eisner

At first I couldn't get into this spy/outerspace thriller. It felt like I was following too many characters that I couldn't find a reason to like. However eventually I really started liking Bludd and suddenly the whole thing became more bearable for me. Once I liked one character, watching other characters that I didn't like so much spiral a bit didn't bother me as much. It was interesting to see how many different people were affected in strange ways. The political aspect of the graphic novel was scary in so many ways, especially the intertwining of big business and politics. ( )
  Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |
Information from the All Common Knowledge. Edit to localize it to your language.
Previously published as Signal from space.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 156389677X, Paperback)

What's going on out there? Will Eisner uses the idea of extraterrestrial contact to explore the weird happenings right here at home in Life on Another Planet. Serialized in the late 1970s and collected in the graphic-novel form that Eisner both invented and perfected, the story follows scientists, politicians, spies, and nobodies as they struggle to reach their own goals amidst this international crisis. The author paints his characters with broad strokes, and though his science is a little off base and his political satire dated, the novel still mines that same vein of deep truths that Eisner can find running through any subject. --Rob Lightner

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:04 -0400)

Science fiction. Graphic Novel. What's going on out there? Will Eisner uses the idea of extraterrestrial contact to explore the weird happenings right here at home in Life on Another Planet. Serialized in the late 1970s and collected in the graphic-novel form that Eisner both invented and perfected, the story follows scientists, politicians, spies, and nobodies as they struggle to reach their own goals amidst this international crisis. The author paints his characters with broad strokes, and though his science is a little off base and his political satire dated, the novel still mines that same vein of deep truths that Eisner can find running through any subject.… (more)

W.W. Norton

An edition of this book was published by W.W. Norton.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,076,239 books! | Top bar: Always visible