Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season Eight,…

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season Eight, Volume 1: The Long Way Home (edition 2007)

by Joss Whedon, Andy Owens, Georges Jeanty (Illustrator), Jo Chen (Illustrator)

Member:kjean
Title:Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season Eight, Volume 1: The Long Way Home
Authors:Joss Whedon
Other authors:Andy Owens, Georges Jeanty (Illustrator), Jo Chen (Illustrator)
Info:Dark Horse Comics (2007), Comic, 136 pages

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 8 Volume 1: The Long Way Home by Joss Whedon (Author)

This type of graphic novel is hard for me, even though I love Buffy so much I could cry. The story was tough to understand because of the jump in medium - tv to comic. I'd like to read the rest of these and hopefully get more of a sense of graphic novels as an art form. The story was interesting but I just couldn't help but with I was watching it on screen. ( )
  Katie_Roscher | Jan 18, 2019 |
It was okay, I love Buffy as a whole so I'll continue reading. ( )
  vanisheDsaRah | Apr 10, 2018 |
This was pretty good but it had a few problems. It was very jumpy from scene to scene without a clear segway which often led to confusion. I will say the art was very well done however and the characters looked just like the actors that portrayed them on the tv show. The story plot wise was also pretty good and the dialogue was spot on to the tv show. There were a few times where I thought "OMG that's so Buffy!"

Overall, an enjoyable read, but I hope the series gets better with jump cut scenes as it goes along. That was definitely the area that needed the most improvement. It was really cool to be back in the Buffy-verse again! ( )
  mmalyn | Feb 24, 2018 |
Read on December 22, 2016

How have I not read this sooner?! It's the continuation of one of my favorite TV shows EVER. I don't have to imagine what they're doing anymore, someone else will tell me! This first volume picks up about a year after the end of Season 7 when Buffy & Gang blew up Sunnydale. New bad guys (and still a kind of evil government), lots of slayers, and the best snark ever. ( )
  melissarochelle | Dec 30, 2016 |
It can’t match the best of the TV show, not without the contributions of the actors providing nuance to the dialogue, but it’s a darn sight better than much of season seven and many of the other adventure comics out there today.

Whedon, JossAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Jeanty, GeorgesIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Lee, PaulIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Owens, AndyIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Chen, JoCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The thing about changing the world... once you do it, the world's all different.
This is the collection graphic novel of the story arc, The Long Way Home. It contains issues 1-5 of the Buffy Season 8 series of comic books, and is (sometimes) labeled Volume 1 (and may have an ISBN, 1593078226). DO NOT combine with The Long Way Home 1 (some times labeled Issue 1), which is the first comic book issue, not the collection.

Describes the adventures of Buffy after the events covered by the television program, as she faces a mysterious threat called "Twilight."

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,591,998 books! | Top bar: Always visible