The Further Observations of Lady Whistledown…

The Further Observations of Lady Whistledown (Bridgerton Series) (edition 2003)

by Karen Hawkins ed. Julia Quinn; Suzanne Enoch, Mia Ryan., Suzanne Enoch, Karen Hawkins, Mia Ryan

Member:vegaheim
Title:The Further Observations of Lady Whistledown (Bridgerton Series)
Authors:Karen Hawkins ed. Julia Quinn; Suzanne Enoch, Mia Ryan.
Other authors:Suzanne Enoch, Karen Hawkins, Mia Ryan
Info:Avon (2003), Mass Market Paperback, 400 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:fiction, romance, historical romance, short stories, England, Victorian Era, social life and customs, humorous, love stories

The Further Observations of Lady Whistledown [Anthology 4-in-1] by Julia Quinn (Contributor)

What a great story! I laughed and cried many times! Such wonderful writing and really engaging characters!! I love this authors work!!

Loved the interlocking stories!

I am currently on a Regency kick and this one was terrific!! ( )
  grapeapril75 | Oct 18, 2014 |
In general, I'm not a fan of an anthologies or short stories. I know that some people love them. My husband, for example, would rather read an anthology than a full-length novel. But I digress. I picked this up because I'm a Julia Quinn fan, I'm not familiar with the other authors. I'd rate Quinn's story as five stars. However, I couldn't really get into the stories by the other authors. But I am giving them the benefit of the doubt because they wrote these stories around one of Quinn's characters, Lady Whistledown, and not their own. I plan to read a full length novel by each author before I judge their other work. ( )
  vonze | Feb 6, 2014 |
"Susannah Ballister was the most popular debutante in London... until Clive Mann-Formsby jilted her in a most callous fashion. Now that she's older and wiser, she wants no contact with any of the Mann-Formsbys... but what can she do when Clive's brother David, the Earl of Renminster, decides that Susannah will make a perfect wife, after all... for him.

" ( )
  amarynt | Jul 28, 2010 |
Nicely done, though Hawkins’s story was my favorite, telling of a lifelong friendship troubled when the young woman decides to marry, and her best friend realizes he’s in love with her. ( )
  kayceel | Feb 23, 2009 |
A wonderful anthology with four stories all equally worth reading and, of course, the witty commentary from Lady Whistledown interspersed within them. (Pay attention and you might notice Lady Whistledown's alter ego has a "walk-on" in a couple of stories!)

I'm torn between two as to which is my favorite--both Julia Quinn's and Karen Hawkins's stories are wonderful. Suzanne Enoch's story comes in a close second. Mia Ryan's story was quite good as well, although I think she glossed over the eviction issue a little too quickly at the end of the story.

Individual ratings:

Thirty-Six Valentines by Julia Quinn
One True Love by Suzanne Enoch
Two Hearts by Karen Hawkins
A Dozen Kisses by Mia Ryan

This anthology consists of "One True Love" by Suzanne Enoch; "Two Hearts" by Karen Hawkins; "A Dozen Kisses" by Mia Ryan; and "Thirty-Six Valentines" by Julia Quinn.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0060511508, Mass Market Paperback)

Lady Whistledown Tells All!

When the scandalous actions of his beautiful fiancée are recorded in Lady Whistledown's column, a concerned groom-to-be rushes back to London to win his lady's heart once and forever, in Suzanne Enoch's enchanting romantic gem.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:33:25 -0400)

Lady Whistledown Tells All! One true love: When the scandalous actions of his beautiful fiance;e are recorded in Lady Whistledown's column, a concerned groom-to-be rushes back to London to win his lady's heart once and forever, in Suzanne Enoch's enchanting romantic gem. A dozen kisses: Karen Hawkins captivates with an enduring story of a handsome rogue whose lifelong friendship -- and his heart -- are tested when the lovely lady in question sets her cap for someone else. A dozen kisses: A dazzling and delightful tale by Mia Ryan has a young woman cast out of her home by an insufferable yet charming marquis -- who intends to take possession not only of the house ... but its former occupant as well! Thirty-six valentines: Society is abuzz when the Season's most promising debutante is jilted by her intended -- only to be swept away by the deceitful rogue's dashing older brother -- in New York Times bestseller Julia Quinn's witty, charming, and heartfelt tale.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 95,713,343 books! | Top bar: Always visible