The Immortal Highlander by Karen Marie…

The Immortal Highlander (original 2004; edition 2004)

by Karen Marie Moning

Member:BookLizard
Title:The Immortal Highlander
Authors:Karen Marie Moning
Info:Delacorte Press (2004), Hardcover, 288 pages
Rating:****1/2
Tags:paranormal romance, fae, lawyers

The Immortal Highlander by Karen Marie Moning (2004)

English (26)  German (1)  All languages (27)
The Immortal Highlander
4 Stars

One of the highlights is the connection to Moning's Fever series. While I am not a rabid fan of the books, primarily due to Mac's vacuousness and the excessively drawn out writing style, the detailed world building, engrossing Fae invasion plot and Barrons (*swoon*) make them worthwhile.

The insight in The Immortal Highlander into the backstory of a Sidhe-seer family and the history behind Darroc's relationship with Adam are particularly intriguing and add to my appreciation of both Adam and Gabby's story and Mac's struggles in the spin-off.

Another excellent aspect of the book is the return of Gwen and Drustan, and Chloe and Daegus from the previous two installments - it was great catching up with their romances.

Now to Adam and Gabby. To be honest, I was expecting more from Adam's redemption. Yes, he is gorgeous, sensual and sexy but he doesn't seem to learn humility or what it really means to be human until the last few pages. There should have been a more gradual development and recognition of his humanity. Gabrielle, on the other hand, is my type of heroine, full of spice and sass. She definitely gives Adam a run for his money and their interactions are wonderful.

Overall, this is a fun read but it doesn't quite succeed in knocking Daegus off his pedestal. ( )
  Lauren2013 | Jun 1, 2016 |
Black belongs to "Tuatha De Danaan," a highly advanced race of immortal beings that settled in Ireland thousands of years before the birth of Christ. Although this race is called by many names, they are most commonly referred to as Fae or Faery. Frequently portrayed as tiny, luminescent creatures who flit around, the true "Tuatha De Danaan" are neither small nor benevolent. Adam Black is a rogue among his own kind. He meddles too much in the affairs of men, frequently taking on the human form of a tall, dark, and (you got it!), handsome male, powerfully built and extremely seductive. He is unpredictable, arrogant, mesmerizing...and Trouble, with a capital "T. As with Ms. Moning's other novels, this one has it all - romance, magic, time travel, extraordinary characters, great plot, writing that flows, and most important, an original theme and storyline. It just doesn't get better than this! Highly recommended!
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |
First of all, I liked this book MUCH more than I thought I would. Not that I thought it would be bad, I just haven't really been an Adam Black fan, so I couldn't see myself getting to invested in his story. Boy was I wrong...about Adam and about how much I'd enjoy this books. There are volumes about Adam that we didn't get to see before. Learning about his more "human" side was intriguing. Having read the Fever books prior to the Highlander books, I was also happy to see a Sidhe Seer! And enter Darroc??? OMG! Then to top it all off, we get to see more of the MacKeltar twins!!! All of this added up to a fast paced, action and adventure filled, paranormal romance! ( )
  MynTop | Apr 8, 2016 |
Adam Black's romantic story.. need I say more ? ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
This book was fantastic, and I cant wait to read more of her work. The guy in this book is just ...YUM!!Wow. Anyway,A MUST for all PR fans!! ( )
  JoBDo | Jan 2, 2016 |

Karen Marie Moningprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Gigante, PhilReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Accornero, FrancoCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Arvor, Nellie d'Traductionsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Gailová, LuciaSprechersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Adam Black stood in the central chamber of the stone catacombs beneath The Belthew Building and watched as Chloe Zanders stumbled about, searching for her Highland lover, Dageus MacKeltar.
"Never has a mortal woman lived and breathed who could say no to a bit of fairy tail" - Adam

"Brutality is the refuge of the dull of the mind, Kalyrra. Only a fool conquers when he might instead seduce" adam

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0440237564, Mass Market Paperback)

Enter a world of timeless seduction, of ancient intrigue and modern-day passion. Enter the dazzling world of Karen Marie Moning, whose acclaimed Highlander novels have captivated readers, spanning the continents and the centuries, bringing ancient Scotland vividly to life. In a new novel brimming with time-travel adventure and sensual heat, the nationally bestselling author of The Dark Highlander delivers a love story that will hold you in thrall—and a hero you will most certainly never forget.

BEWARE: lethally seductive alpha male of immense strength and dark eroticism, do not look at him. Do not touch him. Do not be tempted. Do not be seduced.

With his long, black hair and dark, mesmerizing eyes, Adam Black is Trouble with a capital T. Immortal, arrogant, and intensely sensual, he is the consummate seducer, free to roam across time and continents in pursuit of his insatiable desires. That is, until a curse strips him of his immortality and makes him invisible, a cruel fate for so irresistible a man. With his very life at stake, Adam’s only hope for survival is in the hands of the one woman who can actually see him.

Enter law student Gabrielle O’Callaghan, who is cursed with the ability to see both worlds: Mortal and Faery. From the moment she lays eyes on this stunning male, Gabby is certain of one thing: He could be her undoing. Thus begins a long, dangerous seduction. Because despite his powerful strength and unquenchable hungers, Adam refuses to take a woman by force. Instead, he will tease his way into Gabby’s bed and make her want him just as he wants her.

Now, no matter how hard Gabby tries to avoid him, Adam is everywhere, invisible to all but her—perched atop her office cubicle in too-tight jeans, whispering softly from behind the stacks of the law library, stealing her breath away with his knowing smile…all the while tempting her with the promise of unimaginable pleasure in his arms. But soon danger will intrude on this sensual dance. For as Adam’s quest to regain his immortality plunges them into a world of timeless magic and the deadly politics of the Faery queen’s court, the price of surrender could be their very lives. Unless they can thwart the conspiracy that threatens both mortal and Faery realms…and give them a shot at a destiny few mortals ever know: glorious, wondrous, endless love.

From the Hardcover edition.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:31 -0400)

Fae Adam Black was made mortal by the queen of the Seelie Court when he meddled in the affairs of humans once too often. Now he is arguing for a revocation of the curse with lawyer Gabrielle O'Callaghan to plead his case.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 107,468,179 books! | Top bar: Always visible