dismiss

Die Chemie des Todes. 6 CDs by Simon Beckett

Die Chemie des Todes. 6 CDs (original 2006; edition 2006)

by Simon Beckett, Simon Beckett (Author), Johannes Steck (Sprecher)

1,626597,426 (4)32
Three years ago, David Hunter moved to rural Norfolk to escape his life in London, his gritty work in forensics, and a tragedy that nearly destroyed him. Working as a simple country doctor, seeing his lost wife and daughter only in his dreams, David struggles to remain uninvolved when the corpse of a woman is found in the woods, a macabre sign from her killer decorating her body. In one horrifying instant, the quiet summer countryside that had been David’s refuge has turned malevolent—and suddenly there is no place to hide. The village of Manham is tight-knit, far from the beaten path. As a newcomer, Dr. Hunter is immediately a suspect. Once an expert in analyzing human remains, he reluctantly joins the police investigation—and when another woman disappears, it soon becomes personal. Because this time she is someone David knows, someone who has managed to penetrate the icy barrier around his heart. With a killer’s bizarre and twisted methods screaming out to him, with a brooding countryside beset with suspicion, David can feel the darkness gathering around him. For as the clock ticks down on a young woman’s life, David must follow a macabre trail of clues—all the way to its final, horrifying conclusion.… (more)
Member:CrazyTabasco
Title:Die Chemie des Todes. 6 CDs
Authors:Simon Beckett
Other authors:Simon Beckett (Author), Johannes Steck (Sprecher)
Info:AUDIOBUCH (2006), Edition: Gekürzte Lesung., Audio CD, 6 pages

The Chemistry of Death by Simon Beckett (2006)

Recently added byprivate library, rena40, soonix, JCLD01, HelenaGama

English (39)  German (10)  Dutch (6)  Danish (2)  Spanish (1)  Russian (1)  All languages (59)
READ IN DUTCH

The Chemistry of Death. A Novel of Suspense - Simon Beckett

I had already read Whispers of the Dead (David Hunter #3). Yeah, something about reading order? I know. After reading it, I decided I wanted to read more, and this seemed a very logical start...

The Chemistry of Death is the first novel in the David Hunter series by Simon Beckett. It may not come as a surprise to learn there is quite a lot of death in this book and this series (What's in a name?). So, you'll need to have a stomach that can handle descriptions on decomposing bodies for the books (this one less than the third book, but just to be on the safe side).

The story in this book I thought was OK, not really special, but it was nice reading. I'm still planning to read more books, like the second book, but I still need to go and find it. ( )
  Floratina | Dec 7, 2019 |
Es hat eine Weile gedauert bis is zu diesem Buch gekommen bin.
Und was für ein Buch war das! Es hat mich gegriffen und nicht mehr losgelassen bis is die letzte Seite gelesen habe.
Nicht ein besonderes einzigartes Buch, Serienmörder, kleine Dörfer, unwillige Untersucher, alle sind schon mal vorbei gekommen. Aber in diesem Buch, das ich nun gelesen habe, hat alles geklappt.
Ich habe mich gefreut, es zu lesen. Schade dass es nicht mehr Seiten hat ;-) ( )
  BoekenTrol71 | Jan 12, 2019 |
I have found a new forensic scientist to read - Dr. David Hunter. In this initial book of the series, in an attempt to escape his grief over the death of his wife and daughter, he becomes a general practitioner in a small town, helping with the practice of a doctor who was paralyzed from the waist down. Then there is a murder and the town becomes the site of a serial killer. While the police eliminate some obvious suspects, the true culprit is someone I never guessed and the reasons were simply evil. I will definitely read the next book in this series. ( )
  Susan.Macura | Sep 3, 2018 |
Crime fiction with a troubled forensic anthropologist as the main sleuth. This one is the first in a series (David Hunter) , set in England. Rather heavy but very enthralling. I fear the day it will be made into a televison-series... ( )
  Trifolia | Mar 15, 2018 |
I kept my hopes up until the end... but this was really formulaic. (That being said, *I* have not written or published a book.) Maybe it's the "first of a series" syndrome, but I have so many books to read not sure I'll reach for Written in Bone. Sorry.
The real clincher? Over use of cliff-hanger sentences at the end of chapters. Seriously.
"But it would not come to be."
Gak. ( )
  kmajort | Feb 9, 2018 |
Ondanks een aantal clichés is De geur van sterfelijkheid niet het zoveelste boek over een seriemoordenaar. Het bevat een aantal originele elementen en beschikt over vaart, actie en zelfs een aanstekelijk soort humor. De verkoopcijfers van deze thriller zijn opvallend goed en dat komt bij een debuut niet zo vaak voor. De verklaring voor de populariteit kan voor een deel gevonden worden in de duidelijke interesse van mensen voor het forensische werk van de politie, hetgeen ook is terug te vinden in de televisieseries van CSI. Daarnaast zijn de vele liefhebbers van dit soort boeken al jaren op zoek naar de opvolger van Patricia Cornwell, die het juiste spoor al enkele jaren behoorlijk bijster is. Met De geur van sterfelijkheid bewijst Beckett dat hij een getalenteerde verteller is en dat hij de komende jaren kan uitgroeien tot een bestseller-auteur. Hij is zonder meer een grote belofte voor de toekomst.

Simon Beckettprimary authorall editionscalculated
Hesse, AndreeTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kraśko, JanTł.secondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Hilary
A human body starts to decompose four minutes after death.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 146,237,538 books! | Top bar: Always visible