The Irish Devil by Diane Whiteside

The Irish Devil (edition 2007)

by Diane Whiteside

Tags:Romance

The Irish Devil by Diane Whiteside

wow...verrrry HOT! ( )
  kcoleman428 | Apr 3, 2013 |
I read this book because of a challenge I was in where I had to read a book with Irish or Luck in the title.

I enjoyed the story, as it had everything in that I enjoy in a good book - romance, sex and a story with a bit of angst (if you know what I mean) but there was someting lacking that does not make it a 5 star read.

Viola Lindsey, married Edward Ross because he blackmailed her but because of the marriage her family disowned her (something Edward had not expected) and they went west to mine gold/silver. Now Viola finds herself widdowed after her drunkard husband has been murdered and his murderer wants to marry Viola but she hates him and even after Paul Lennox paid her business partner to move on and sell everything from under her Viola still refused to marry him, instead she chose to be the mistress of a wealthy Irishman William Donovan.

Little did she know that Donovan has wound a fantasy around the lovely Viola so he can't believe what he is hearing but yes he'll have her and they get straight into it and continue on a regular basis. I enjoy good sex in a book but something in this was a little lacking, it wasn't getting me like other author's of this genre do - still it was enjoyable.

Towards the end Viola is kidnnapped by Lennox - this I found gripping which surprised me.

I would still recommend it. I have just noticed that it is part of a series and I may give the series a go (if my library has copies) ( )
  bhryk0 | Mar 26, 2011 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,466,203 books! | Top bar: Always visible