The White Rose by Jean Hanff Korelitz

The White Rose

by Jean Hanff Korelitz

I wasn't sure where this book was going at the beginning --- but I absolutely loved it! The creativity of the story goes right along with her other books that I've read---first, Admission and then A Jury of Her Peers----I'm about to go back and change my review of Admission--I wish I had already read the other two! Such completely different stories--detailed and complete! She is a terrific writer---wonderful detail and a real feel for character development. I am going to go and find her other novel ASAP: The Sabbathday River. ( )
  nyiper | Aug 9, 2009 |
The White Rose is one of the most enjoyable books I've read in the past two years - a wickedly funny, often poignant entanglement of lives among the hierarchy of New York Jewish society which plays in the mind like a great Woody Allen film or stage play. Korelitz's spot-on characters are carried along in an engaging plot, and even when their road ahead seems easily preordained, her twists, turns, and tangents rarely fail to surprise. Ostensibly about an affair between a married 48-year old professor at Columbia and the 26-year old son of her oldest friend, it delves incisively into the many ways we can choose to love, allow ourselves to be open to possibillities, or deny ourselves happiness. ( )
1 vote dreamreader | Mar 21, 2009 |

Marian Kahn, a professor of history at Columbia, finds her wealthy, married, and comfortable life turned upside down when she finds herself in an awkward love triangle with Sophie, a graduate student, and Oliver, the son of her oldest friend.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,458,997 books! | Top bar: Always visible