Dawnbreaker (Dark Days, Book 3) by Jocelynn…

Dawnbreaker (Dark Days, Book 3) (edition 2009)

by Jocelynn Drake

Member:sidhevicious
Title:Dawnbreaker (Dark Days, Book 3)
Authors:Jocelynn Drake
Info:Eos (2009), Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:Keeper Shelf, Vampire, Urban Fantasy, Weres, Fae, Others

Dawnbreaker by Jocelynn Drake

Originally published on my blog, My Urban Fantasies

The seal to the door is finally broken. Jabari orders Mira to return to the coven. Mira tells him no, that she's returning to Savannah, where she is needed, and that she will fight the naturi when the time comes. Mira also invites Danaus to come with her, claiming that it will be easier to kill him if she does not have to hunt him down. *smirk* Yeah, like any of us believe that's the reason Mira want Danaus with her.

Dawnbreaker starts roughly two months after Dayhunter. Mira and Danaus had parted ways long before Mira reached Savannah. He flew with her from Crete, but got off the plane in Paris. Mira is now in Savannah and everything is not going as well as she had hoped. Ties with the local pack are becoming more strained due to the constant naturi attacks. The naturi are using the werewolves to attack the nightwalkers. The nightwalkers are forced to defend themselves usually resulting with dead werewolves. This leaves us with a less than happy Barrett. When Danaus arrives in Savannah the naturi attacks become worse.

Danaus decides to stay in Savannah. Mira is forced to make him swear he will not hunt another nightwalker while in her domain. Mira no longer trusts Danaus with vampire allies because he killed Penelope with little warning and no hesitation. Mira tells Danaus that she can not worry about protecting her people from him and the naturi. Eventually Mira and Danaus come to an understanding. If one of Mira's nightwalkers attacks Danaus, he can defend himself. If Danaus hunts any of the nightwalkers Mira will gut him and send his charred entrails back to Ryan in a doggie bag.

Along their journey the trust slowly begins to build again. Danaus is essentially Mira's only ally in that battle against the naturi. On the way to stop Rowe from opening the door, Danaus has to trust Mira like he never has before. The enemy are attacking and the only way for Danaus to stay alive is to be completely vulnerable and trust Mira to keep him safe, from the small army of naturi and a room full of nightwalkers.

Dawnbreaker is action packed, and beautifully written. The characters are evolving, I finally find myself becoming emotionally invested in them. Mira is quickly becoming my favorite character. It's amazing that she's not completely insane. If something bad can happen to Mira, it usually does. Mira's constantly confronting ghosts from her past, starting when she was human right up to the present. There seems to be a growing list of people who want to control Mira or just want her dead.

If you're expecting Mira and Danaus to grow a collective brain and realize they actually like each other and do not want to kill each other, you're going to be disappointed. Mira and Danaus do not hook up in this book. I have high hopes for future books though, mostly because I'm a romantic and refuse to believe they will be oblivious of their feelings forever. ( )
  myurbanfantasies | Dec 17, 2012 |
Action packed adventure of the nightwalkers attempting to stop the naturi from entering thier realm. Mira (nightwalker/firestart) teams up with a hunter Danaus, a naturi Cinna, and a witch Shelly along with Nightwalker and humans to stop the Nature from entering their realm. Good read, enjoyable action and conflict in the story. Excited to start the next in the series to see what happens next. ( )
  MonicaLynn | Jan 21, 2011 |
I am so impressed with this series. I read a lot of fantasy type books, a majority of them vampire related and this series is by far the most original. The vampire world that Jocelynn Drake has created just leaves me wanting more. Can't wait to read book 4 and see what becomes of Mira and Danaus. ( )
  mthomas1975 | Nov 18, 2010 |
This is the 3rd book in the series I felt like I was reading the first and second one again. Exact same plot as the first two.It looks like the author tied up this 3 book arc (it only needed one book, books 2 and 3 are exactly the same as book 1) and is heading a different direction in the next one.I will give the next one a shot and decide if I want to carry on with the series. It is an entertaining book and a good read, just very repetitive. ( )
  mjparme | Jul 6, 2010 |
I still enjoy the world building in this series, the main character, Mira, is a vampire that can control fire and in this installment she learns to harness the power of the earth while fighting to keep the Naturi Queen out of the earth realm. I think the next in the series will decide if I keep reading or not however. The way Drake left it there are three factions of the Naturi now which could be really interesting and complicated or which could be used as convenient plot devices to get our heroine out of trouble. Hopefully, Drake will develop the political aspects and the main characters relationships more. ( )
  leahsimone | Jun 12, 2010 |
To Stephen
Thanks for keeping me young.
The tires squealed.

Drake returns with the third action-packed Dark Days novel, in which vampire enforcer Mira must stop an ancient coven. Darkly suspenseful and blessedly surprising.--"New York Times"-bestselling author Vickie Pettersson. Original.

Eos

An edition of this book was published by Eos.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,390,524 books! | Top bar: Always visible