The Golden City by John Twelve Hawks

The Golden City

by John Twelve Hawks

Series: The Fourth Realm (3)

I was hoping for more. I am glad that I finished the trilogy. However the author has kept it open ended which means there could be more. There were even more places in the novel which seemed to be rushed and unbelievable through the turn of events. The romantic involvement became more pronounced. ( )
  bibliophile_pgh | Aug 20, 2015 |
I was a little nervous starting the final book of the trilogy as the ratings seem to go down for each one. Not sure why, as I found this one to be an excellent "finish", and highly recommend. Well done John Twelve Hawks! ( )
  azrowan | Aug 31, 2014 |
A good conclusion to the story, but could have been better. It felt abit rushed, however I enjoyed it and look forward to his next book. ( )
  ExpatTX | Mar 31, 2014 |
The Golden City ended predictably: with a speech about the evils of the modern surveillance society we live in, laced with new age feel good philosophy about freedom and privacy. The story was...interesting, and at point gripping, but in many ways, predictable. The final ending leaves something to be desired, in it's resolution and completion.

However, it was worth reading if just for the thought provoking nature of the issue JTH wants his readers to address: do we have too much surveillance? Online, our transactions, cameras everywhere...does it limit our freedom and privacy? Are we losing our ability to function as independent creatures? ( )
  publiusdb | Aug 22, 2013 |
This is a wonderful series of books. I loved them ( )
  butterflyfairy16 | Jul 26, 2013 |

John Twelve Hawksprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Brick, ScottNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Struggling to protect the legacy of his Traveler father, Gabriel faces troubling new questions and relentless threats. His brother Michael, now firmly allied with the enemy, pursues his ambition to wrest power from Nathan Boone, the calculating leader of the Brethren. And Maya, the Harlequin warrior pledged to protect Gabriel at all costs, is forced to make a choice that will change her life forever.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,953,914 books! | Top bar: Always visible