The Weekend Novelist by Robert J. Ray

The Weekend Novelist (edition 2011)

by Robert J. Ray (Author)

Member:SESchend
Title:The Weekend Novelist
Authors:Robert J. Ray (Author)
Info:Billboard Books (2011), Edition: Rev Upd, 289 pages
Tags:to-read

The Weekend Novelist by Robert J. Ray

Best book on writing. ( )
  Greymowser | Jan 22, 2016 |
This book is okay. It has some very helpful tips on writing novels. It also gave me some ideas for writing a novel one day ( )
  harleyqgrayson02 | Jun 24, 2015 |
I found the author's style quite dry, but the book itself hugely helpful in allowing me as a new writer, to construct something logically. I've since purchased the Weekend Novelist's redrafting one (sorry, forgotten the name until it arrives) because I expect the same help there, now that I've written the first draft. ( )
  PacificBlue | May 14, 2008 |
I wish it was this easy. I have avoided buying this book for YEARS just cause I didn't want to be disappointed when I didn't do it, just like that year I did NANOWRIMO. Maybe this year will be different!! :)
  amandaellis | Jul 14, 2006 |
A 52-weekend course that takes you, step-by-step, through the task of completing a novel.

When we write we begin to taste the texture of our own mind.

Natalie Goldberg,

Long Quiet Highway: Waking Up In America
When my agent sold my first novel to a major New York publisher, I was wild with joy.

During the week Robert J. Ray was a teacher.  On weekends he learned the fiction writer's craft and produced his first novel.  He ended up selling six books in six years.  The same success as a writer can happen to you.

His step-by-step program, the same one he uses himself and teaches in his popular fiction-writing class, organizes your writing around the weekends.  Each weekend you work through the basics of character, scene, and plot, the construction of the novel in scenes and chapters, and the actual writing and editing of your book.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:20 -0400)

During the week Robert J. Ray was a teacher. On weekends he learned the fiction writer's craft and produced his first novel. He ended up selling six books in six years. The same success as a writer can happen to you. His step-by-step program, the same one he uses himself and teaches in his popular fiction-writing class, organizes your writing around the weekends. Each weekend you work through the basics of character, scene, and plot, the construction of the novel in scenes and chapters, and the actual writing and editing of your book.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,399,916 books! | Top bar: Always visible