The Big Pets by Lane Smith

The Big Pets

by Lane Smith

The children are small and the pets are big. But they all play together in the Milk-Pools, the Scratchy Forest, and the place where the Stringy Vines tease. There are snakes that twist into jungle gyms, a cat that can fly to the stars, hamsters and even crickets . . . and each one has a special place where the wishes of the small children and the big pets can come true.

Imagination rules in this inviting tale sure to enthrall young readers. Fanciful illustrations complement the sparse text and join together to create this charming story.

Highly recommended. ( )
  jfe16 | Mar 17, 2018 |
This book was enjoyable due to the illustrations and the imagination used. The illustrations were awesome, dark and dreamlike. This made the book interesting to read when paired with the text. The author paints vivid pictures of what the little boy is dreaming of. I also like the imagination that the author used. As the reader, you feel as if you are in the dream with the character. For example, "Sometimes they saw the small boy who rode on the back of the big dog." As the reader you can visualize this exactly, and the illustrations help. The purpose of this story is to entertain. ( )
  adietr3 | Mar 27, 2017 |
One of my favorite childhood books. The illustrations are my favorite part- so whimsical. ( )
  CSaulpaugh | Apr 7, 2016 |
Such an exciting book for me as a child. I had so much fun imagining I was a kid with a big pet too. ( )
  locriian | Oct 27, 2014 |
Imagine a world where the pets are big and the people are small! Imaginative, creative pictures tell the story about such a world.
(Gr. K-2)
  haldemac | Jan 25, 2012 |

A little girl explores the mysterious dreamworld where small children play with their big pets, which range from cats and dogs to snakes and crickets.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,363,815 books! | Top bar: Always visible