The Italian job by Gianluca Vialli

The Italian job

by Gianluca Vialli

I started this book a few years ago, got distracted from it and then started reading a few pages at a time before bed. It turned out to be the perfect bed time reading, not because it was dry (because it's the opposite) but because it's engaging enough to keep me reading, but not so much that I don't have problems putting it down, like a novel. I don't know how much Marcotti had to do with this book, but Vialli's voice is one I really enjoy reading. I liked his opinions, interspersed with his personal experiences as both a player and a coach. It's one thing to read a book about soccer written by a fan or a journalist, it's another to read one by a former footballer who clearly has enough intelligence to get his ideas across, even with the help of a journalist. I especially liked that my book had a post-script, added after the '06 WC, which gave us some follow up. ( )
  callmecayce | Jul 12, 2011 |

When Miranda Lovelady and Dr. Bill Brockton discover what could be the bones of Jesus of Nazareth, their finding triggers a deadly tug of war between the anthropologists, the Vatican, and a deadly zealot who hopes to use the bones to bring about the Second Coming, and trigger the end of time.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,284,159 books! | Top bar: Always visible