A Homemade Life: Stories and Recipes from My…

A Homemade Life: Stories and Recipes from My Kitchen Table (original 2009; edition 2010)

by Molly Wizenberg

Member:Leslie.Schmidt
Title:A Homemade Life: Stories and Recipes from My Kitchen Table
Authors:Molly Wizenberg
Info:Simon & Schuster (2010), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 352 pages

A Homemade Life: Stories and Recipes from My Kitchen Table by Molly Wizenberg (2009)

Excellent recipes, a cute and heartwarming tale to boot. ( )
  extraflamey | Jan 18, 2016 |
Excellent recipes, a cute and heartwarming tale to boot. ( )
  extraflamey | Jan 18, 2016 |
Enjoyed the stories, enjoyed reading the recipes, I may even try a few of them. ( )
  Auj | Mar 11, 2015 |
This book will live quite contently among your cookbooks, though it is a memoir. The writing is fresh and intimate, the story quite lovingly told without being "cheesy" (a Molly Wizenberg word, for sure), with exquisite recipes begging to be tried out and eaten. Couldn't put it down. Better still, we don't really ever have to. Visit her blog Orangette and eat to your heart's content. ( )
  Mad.River.Librarian | Apr 23, 2014 |
Well I must admit to being delightfully surprised by this book. I thought I was getting myself into another blog turned to paper. I bought this book figuring I would sell it right away and make some of my money back but instead I feel like I made a friend and an expanded recipe collection. Molly Wizenberg is sweet and her writing delightful. I think I want to make all but one recipe - and this is just because I don't eat fish.

I loved how the book so greatly illustrates that there is more to cooking then food....family and love play such a huge part. Moments of our lives can be tied to and wrapped around dishes.

I would recommend this book to those who are beginning their own family traditions around meals...and those who love cooking and good food!

I will not be selling this book any time soon...too many new recipes to try out. ( )
  dms02 | Feb 27, 2014 |
We know we are shining, / Though we cannot see one another.

-- James Wright
FOR MORRIS J. WIZENBERG,

ALSO KNOWN AS BURG
It started when I was a freshman in high school.

Author of the internationally famous blog, Orangette, Molly Wizenberg recounts a life with the kitchen at its center. From her mother's pound cake, a staple of summer picnics during her childhood in Oklahoma, to the eggs she cooked for her father during the weeks before his death, food and memories are intimately entwined.… (more)

535 wanted3 pay2 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,239,799 books! | Top bar: Always visible