A Homemade Life: Stories and Recipes from My…

A Homemade Life: Stories and Recipes from My Kitchen Table (original 2009; edition 2010)

by Molly Wizenberg

Title:A Homemade Life: Stories and Recipes from My Kitchen Table
Authors:Molly Wizenberg
Info:Simon & Schuster (2010), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 352 pages

A Homemade Life: Stories and Recipes from My Kitchen Table by Molly Wizenberg (2009)

Some of the recipes look *amazing* and I seriously hope I get my act together enough to try them. Molly is very down-to-earth and straightforward about her cooking, and I really like the style of the book. Recipes follow little vignettes about her life in which the food or recipe plays a role, so the chocolate cake recipe follows the story of how she baked it for the man who became her husband, and ended up making 20 or so of them to be their wedding cakes. (A very sweet story, though I must say: bless her heart, but I am *so* glad I am not making my own wedding cake!) ( )
  BraveNewBks | Mar 10, 2016 |
Excellent recipes, a cute and heartwarming tale to boot. ( )
  extraflamey | Jan 18, 2016 |
Excellent recipes, a cute and heartwarming tale to boot. ( )
  extraflamey | Jan 18, 2016 |
Enjoyed the stories, enjoyed reading the recipes, I may even try a few of them. ( )
  Auj | Mar 11, 2015 |
This book will live quite contently among your cookbooks, though it is a memoir. The writing is fresh and intimate, the story quite lovingly told without being "cheesy" (a Molly Wizenberg word, for sure), with exquisite recipes begging to be tried out and eaten. Couldn't put it down. Better still, we don't really ever have to. Visit her blog Orangette and eat to your heart's content. ( )
  Mad.River.Librarian | Apr 23, 2014 |
We know we are shining, / Though we cannot see one another.

-- James Wright

It started when I was a freshman in high school.

Author of the internationally famous blog, Orangette, Molly Wizenberg recounts a life with the kitchen at its center. From her mother's pound cake, a staple of summer picnics during her childhood in Oklahoma, to the eggs she cooked for her father during the weeks before his death, food and memories are intimately entwined.… (more)

510 wanted3 pay2 pay

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,782,302 books! | Top bar: Always visible