Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

The Unsung Hero (Troubleshooters, Book 1) by…

The Unsung Hero (Troubleshooters, Book 1)

by Suzanne Brockmann

Series: Troubleshooters (1)

The Unsung Hero by Suzanne Brockmann
Book #1 in The Troubleshooters series.
Rating: 4 Stars

Synopsis:
This is the first book in the series focusing on Tom Paoletti and Kelly Ashton.
On a mission to rescue an ambassador's wife, Tom receives a life-threatening head injury. Forced to take recuperation leave, Tom travels home to see his uncle Joe and is reunited with an old flame. He also spots someone he believes is an international terrorist. Is he right? and if so, what is the target?
Two additional side stories are also included. One revolves around Tom's Niece, Mallory, and a geeky boy who wants to draw her. The second involves a love triangle between Tom's uncle, Kate's father, Charles, and a woman in the French resistance during World War II.

Review:
The complex plot with its multiple story lines is handled very well. Some of the stories are more detailed than they need to be but this does not detract from the main romance. The characters are engaging, especially Kelly's father and Mallory's geeky beau, David. The element that I enjoyed the most was the excellent and well timed dialogue. ( )
  Lauren2013 | May 24, 2018 |
The story was very good; however, I thought it dragged a bit in parts.

3.5 **** ( )
  Sunshine22222 | Feb 19, 2017 |
This was a big surprise and nothing like I expected it to be. At times I think the WW II flashbacks and Charles struggles with cancer overshadowed Tom and Kelly's story, but I really didn't mind. Charles' time behind enemy lines, his friendship with Joe, and the way his experience affected the rest of his life was very engaging. I also enjoyed Mallory and David's story, even though it was probably more of a plot device. All three stories were nicely done and held my interest easily. I thought the sub-plots tied into the main premise nicely, but the ending did feel a little rushed.

The Characters: I really felt sorry Charles as he carried a tremendous amount of regret. I did like how the author resolved his storyline. It was very fitting for his situation and his character. Tom and Kelly frustrated me a bit with their inability to communicate clearly, but I still enjoyed reading their story. Just like in real life, not every romance comes together easily. I thought Mallory was the strongest female character in the story, outshining Kelly in maturity and common sense. I didn't dislike Kelly, but she seemed to struggle with her emotions and choices much more. I think it's justifiable though, considering all that was on her plate.

Overall a very enjoyable read. ( )
  Becky_McKenna | Mar 10, 2016 |
Kelly and Tom
Mallory and David
Charles and Joe

So many relationships, all of them "Unsung Heroes."

Two stories are told concurrently, one present time and one that took place in 1944 France at the end of WWII.

This entire book takes place over seven days! So much is going on it was surprising to look back and realize it was within just one week's time. ( )
  CC123 | Aug 10, 2015 |
Kelly and Tom
Mallory and David
Charles and Joe

So many relationships, all of them "Unsung Heroes."

CC123 | Aug 10, 2015 |

Brockmann, Suzanneprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dufris, WilliamReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For the brave men and women who fought for freedom during the Second World War. My most sincere and humble thanks.
Prologue
Spring

When both the Seahawk and the pilot took a direct hit, things went from bad to worse.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 080411952X, Mass Market Paperback)

After a near-fatal head injury, navy SEAL lieutenant Tom Paoletti catches a terrifying glimpse of an international terrorist in his New England hometown. When he calls for help, the navy dismisses the danger as injury-induced imaginings. In a desperate, last-ditch effort to prevent disaster, Tom creates his own makeshift counterterrorist team, assembling his most loyal officers, two elderly war veterans, a couple of misfit teenagers, and Dr. Kelly Ashton-the sweet "girl next door" who has grown into a remarkable woman. The town's infamous bad boy, Tom has always longed for Kelly. Now he has one final chance for happiness, one last chance to win her heart, and one desperate chance to save the day . . .

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:08:31 -0400)

Struggling to regain his memory after a near-fatal head injury, Navy SEAL Tom Paoletti must simultaneously try to stop an international terrorist with the help of Dr. Kelly Ashton, his childhood girlfriend who is now all grown up.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,495,326 books! | Top bar: Always visible