Must Love Hellhounds by Ilona Andrews
Other authors:Charlaine Harris, Nalini Singh, Meljean Brook
Info:Berkley Trade (2009), Edition: X, Paperback, 368 pages
Rating:***1/2
Tags:Kindle

Must Love Hellhounds by Ilona Andrews (Contributor)

The Britlingens Go To Hell by Charlaine Harris
Batanya and Covache kind of bodyguards who are contracted by a customer to guard him on a way to Hell. He stole something from Lucifer on his last trip but left there while escaping and now goes to collect it.

There was witches, magic, hellhounds and things happened. Can’t really say anything more about that one. Definitely the weakest one on this book.

Angel’s Judgment by Nalini Singh
Deacon is a Slayer who works for the Guild and his job is a secret and only few people know about it. There were angels, vampires and hellhound…

I’ve never read any of her books before but I think this was a prequel to her Guild Hunter Series. I liked this but I think it would have given more if I had read the series. But I liked Deacon and Sara together and I’ll definitely keep this series in mind. And I think I have the first book somewhere…

Magic Mourns by Ilona Andrews
This takes place after Magic Strikes and Kate is still recovering and Andrea is covering for her at the Order. There’s three-headed Cerberus, Hades’ hellhound, on the loose and Andrea promises to help catch it. Unfortunately for her, she has to do it with Raphael…

This was the reason why I read this book and it didn’t disappointed. It was great to learn more about them and how they become a pair. And you see softer and more vulnerable side of Aunt B too.

Blind Spot by Meljean Brook
Maggie is former CIA operative who must protect Geoff and save his sister Katherine. There’s family secret involved and Maggie’s innocence to prove.

This was another author I haven’t read before but I was surprised how much I liked this. I think this is part of a series but it was easy to follow even though I haven’t read the series. I’m curious to know how Geoff’ and Maggie’s relationship grows from this and to learn more about Geoff’s uncle. ( )
  Elysianfield | Nov 16, 2016 |
Only read Ilona Andrews story because its part of the Kate Daniels world. I'm not reading Charlaine Harris - love True Blood on HBO though. Nalini's story is in a different storyline than the one I'm following. Meljean's story is also one I'll have to come back and read once I get a chance to start her series. I have her signed book for the beginning, just haven't had a chance to start reading it yet. ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 7, 2016 |
Fantastic all four authors/stories really fantastic. I loved Charlaine Harris's story, I hope writes more on these new characters. Ilona Andrews Andrea tale, great, sexy and fun. Nalini Singh Angel vamp story tied in well with the one book I read. Meljean Brook.. never read her work before, love the story/characters so this is one author I will look into. ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
Only read 'Magic Mourns". It was a great way to get deeper into characters other than Kate. ( )
  kmmsb459 | Jan 24, 2016 |
Only read the Ilona Andrews story and the Nalini Singh story. ( )
  Belles007 | Jan 17, 2016 |

Andrews, IlonaContributorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Brook, MeljeanContributormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Harris, CharlaineContributormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Singh, NaliniContributormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Knese, PetraÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Batanya and Clovache were cleaning their armor in one of the courtyards of the Britlingen Collective, which sits atop a hill in the ancient city of Spauling. (The Britlingens Go to Hell)
The Cadre of Ten , the archangels who ruled the world in all the ways that mattered, met in an ancient keep deep in the Scottish Highlands. (Angels' Judgment)
I sat in a small, drab office, one of many in the Atlanta chapter of the Order of Knights of Merciful Aid, and pretended to be Kate Daniels. (Magic Mourns)
That morning, two hours after she received an anonymous e-mail that included an address and a short message, Maggie Wren boarded a flight from San Francisco to New York.
(Blind Spot)
Short stories in anthology:

The Britlingens go to Hell by Charlaine Harris
Angels' Judgment by Nalini Singh
Magic Mourns by Ilona Andrews
Blind Spot by Meljean Brook

"In these hound-eat-hound worlds, anything goes... and everything bites. Follow paranormal bodyguards Clovache and Batanya into Lucifer's realm, where they encounter his fearsome four-legged pets, in The Britlingens Go to Hell. Seek out a traitor in the midst of a guild of nonlethal vampire trackers, one that intends to eradicate the entire species of bloodsuckers, in Angels' Judgment. Find out why the giant three-headed dog that guards the gates of Hades has left the underworld for the real world -and whose scent he's following - in Magic Mourns. Join a vampire's butler in the perilous search for her employer's niece, aided by a blind - and damn sexy - companion and a hellhound, in Blind Spot."--Back cover.… (more)

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,818,486 books! | Top bar: Always visible