Must Love Hellhounds by Ilona Andrews
Other authors:Charlaine Harris, Nalini Singh, Meljean Brook
Info:Berkley Trade (2009), Edition: X, Paperback, 368 pages
Rating:***1/2
Tags:Kindle

Must Love Hellhounds by Ilona Andrews (Contributor)

Angel's Judgement - Nalini Singh - 3 Stars - Very good story. Sara is indeed going to be a fine director and what a man she has in Deacon! ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Jul 10, 2014 |
sort of boring if you don't follow the series. ( )
  aoibhealfae | Sep 23, 2013 |
Thought the Charlaine Harris story was terrible, mainly because she has tried to establish an entirely new universe and characters in a short story, which doesn't allow the characters or story to have any depth (this is in NO WAY a Sookie story and feels like an entirely different author, and contains no links to the Sookie universe).

Loved the Ilona Andrews story, from Andrea's POV, and now I can't wait until [b:Gunmetal Magic|12288282|Gunmetal Magic (Kate Daniels, #5.5)|Ilona Andrews|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1331230049s/12288282.jpg|17264774] comes out. ( )
  cherrybob_omb | Sep 23, 2013 |
I didn't read the Harris entry because she isn't an author I normally read. I tried, but didn't get into the story. The other 3 entries were wonderful, though.

cranberrytarts | Sep 22, 2013 |
I'm giving this 2 stars, because I only liked 2 of the 4 stories. I'm not a fan of anthologies because rarely do I like all the stories, or sometimes even half of them.

The two stories I did enjoy, which got a star each, were Nalini Singh and Meljean Brook. I am a huge Singh fan, but this is the first story by Ms. Brook I have read. I absolutely adore Ms. Singh's 'angel' verse; and I would love to read more of Ms. Brook's Ames-Beaumont family line. ( )
  DrkCherry | Sep 21, 2013 |

Andrews, IlonaContributorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Brook, MeljeanContributormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Harris, CharlaineContributormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Singh, NaliniContributormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Knese, PetraÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Batanya and Clovache were cleaning their armor in one of the courtyards of the Britlingen Collective, which sits atop a hill in the ancient city of Spauling. (The Britlingens Go to Hell)
The Cadre of Ten , the archangels who ruled the world in all the ways that mattered, met in an ancient keep deep in the Scottish Highlands. (Angels' Judgment)
I sat in a small, drab office, one of many in the Atlanta chapter of the Order of Knights of Merciful Aid, and pretended to be Kate Daniels. (Magic Mourns)
That morning, two hours after she received an anonymous e-mail that included an address and a short message, Maggie Wren boarded a flight from San Francisco to New York.
(Blind Spot)
Short stories in anthology:

The Britlingens go to Hell by Charlaine Harris
Angels' Judgment by Nalini Singh
Magic Mourns by Ilona Andrews
Blind Spot by Meljean Brook

"In these hound-eat-hound worlds, anything goes... and everything bites. Follow paranormal bodyguards Clovache and Batanya into Lucifer's realm, where they encounter his fearsome four-legged pets, in The Britlingens Go to Hell. Seek out a traitor in the midst of a guild of nonlethal vampire trackers, one that intends to eradicate the entire species of bloodsuckers, in Angels' Judgment. Find out why the giant three-headed dog that guards the gates of Hades has left the underworld for the real world -and whose scent he's following - in Magic Mourns. Join a vampire's butler in the perilous search for her employer's niece, aided by a blind - and damn sexy - companion and a hellhound, in Blind Spot."--Back cover.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,035,810 books! | Top bar: Always visible