Apple Farmer Annie by Monica Wellington

Apple Farmer Annie

by Monica Wellington

In this story we learn about Annie an apple farmer and all the different treats her apples make, like applesauce, apple cider, etc. We also learn about the different tasks that Annie must do as an apple farmer, tasks like picking, sorting, selling, etc.
  ClaraAnn | Nov 26, 2017 |
This is a non-fiction book about a little girl that works on an apple farm. It goes through all of the many uses of apples. I would use this book on a unit about fruits/apples. ( )
  MankinSamara | Mar 28, 2017 |
"Apple Farmer Annie" goes through her everyday life of what its like being around apples everyday. It also focuses on the different colors of apples and what you can use apples for. It also teachers kids numbers by them counting the apple Annie picks. This is a simple informational book that I would recommending using in a kindergarten classroom. It has good illustrations that are clears for the reader to follow and its also a good book to read in front of the whole class because its easy to follow. ( )
  SabraR | Mar 7, 2017 |
Ana cultiva manzanas is a good book to read to a class that may have a ELL student that is struggling with understanding English. This book has both English and Spanish words, and sentences so that the readers can understand. This book also can relate to some of the students. The book also list all the vocabulary words used at the end of the book so that the teacher can go over it with the students. I liked this book because it also explains to students that you can take a fruit and do some much with it. I would like to have this book in my classroom especially if the classroom has an ELL student who can not comprehend the teacher when they are reading it. ( )
  Ash13276 | Sep 15, 2016 |
Annie is an apple farmer that must count and sort to get through her day. This book is a good informational book because it explains how to make different things with apples and includes the recipes in the back of the book. It contains English and Spanish to help educate kids in both.

I would set up an activity where the children would count and sort the ingredients to one of the recipes in the book. Secondly, I would use it as a language comparative book, and see the similar looking words with the same meaning in both so children will have a better understanding of both languages.

Media: colored pencil. ( )
  Nicholepeterse | Apr 11, 2016 |

Apple cider, applesauce, apple muffins, cakes, and pies! Annie is a very busy apple farmer. She bakes yummy treats with the apples she picks and saves her best apples to sell at the market. Follow Annie through her apple-filled day of picking, counting, sorting, baking, and selling, and then try making some of her simple apple recipes.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:08 -0400)

Annie is a very busy apple farmer. She bakes yummy treats with the apples she picks and saves her most beautiful apples to sell fresh at the farmers' market. Includes three recipes using apples.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,499,985 books! | Top bar: Always visible