Bats on Parade by Kathi Appelt

Bats on Parade

by Kathi Appelt

a parade of bats, introducing multiplication. the bats play different instruments.
1 book
  TUCC | Aug 15, 2016 |
I liked this book for the sole purpose that it teaches multiplication and the concepts behind it, something that took my a while to get while I was in school. Not only are there pictures of the multiplication going on, but there are also equations that go along with the picture to help all learners. I would definitely use this book when trying to get my students excited about multiplication. ( )
  kloupe1 | Oct 25, 2011 |
It is time for the bats to have a parade while the rest of the animal kingdom watches in. As we progress through the book they go through multiplication with square numbers from 1^2 to 10^2 with some addition at the end. It got to be quite a lot of bats in this parade, so you better not be afraid! ( )
  jkessluk | Oct 6, 2010 |
This was a good book, not one of my favorites but it had a great concept. It would be great for introducing multiplication to a younger reader and how the bats increase each time.
  jenhope | Jun 6, 2010 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0439207096, Paperback)

"Up marched the saxophones,
all 25 --
sopranos and altos
they come five by five"

The creators of "Bat Jamboree," which "School Library Journal" called "a witty combination of counting book and theatrical experience," are proud to introduce -- 385 marching band bats!From the drum majorette, who marches 1 X 1, to the sousaphones striding 10 X 10, these bats march in multiples to the tune of Kathi Appelt's snappy text and Melissa Sweet's boisterous illustrations.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:34 -0400)

On a midsummer's night the Marching Bat Band makes a rare appearance, its members grouped in formations that demonstrate multiplication from two times two up to ten times ten.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,931,785 books! | Top bar: Always visible