The Wolf and the Dove by Kathleen E.…

The Wolf and the Dove (1974)

by Kathleen E. Woodiwiss

The first romance I ever read and still the best!
  SHIRWIN | Nov 9, 2014 |
Delicious. Swoon. ( )
  Bluerabella | Apr 1, 2013 |
I continue to love this story even though I know most of it by heart. This story is set at the time of William's fight for the thorne of England. While I am not a fan of medieval historical novels I have always enjoyed this one. I am sure that those that follow this part of history will demean the language used in the story as while and the language used in the conversation I find that is easier to read this way. I like that there is a small history lesson in the story as well as the fiction of the characters. Wulgar and Asilinn will remain some of my favorite characters. I will probably continue to read this story over and over as it is timeless and stands up even today. ( )
  LadyIsis | Dec 18, 2011 |
Rapey book.
Purple prose.
Sums it all up,
right on the nose. ( )
2 vote quillmenow | Nov 9, 2011 |
many parts of this novel were difficult to read, but I commend the author for attempting to portray the values and mores of those times in a realistic way within a romance genre. It was not a "beautiful" love story, but it was sooo good. ( )
  Raffiek | Feb 4, 2011 |
The clash of battle rang no more.

blurb: As hordes of Norman invaders sweep Saxony in 1066, the lovely Aislinn of Darkenwald is torn between loyalty to her own Saxon people and her tempestuous romance with Wulfgar - the Iron Wolf of Normandy.
Can her consuming passion for him wipe out the memory of her father’s murder - her mothers shame - her own savage violation - all at the hands of Wulgar’s conquering forces?

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0380007789, Mass Market Paperback)

When the Normans invade and sweep across Saxon England in 1066, lovely Aislinn of Darkenwald watches her father murdered outside her home. Wulfgar, the Iron Wolf of Normandy, arrives to rule Darkenwald, and one look at Aislinn leads him to claim her as his own. She hates the Norman conquering forces, but Wulfgar awakens a consuming passion in her that she can't deny. As she struggles with her growing love for Wulfgar, she does what she can to aid her conquered people and her bereaved mother. But a jealous lord conspires with Wulfgar's spoiled half-sister and Aislinn's very life is threatened before Wulfgar can admit that the woman he conquered has in truth, conquered his heart. This beloved historical romance deserves a special place on the shelves of millions of romance readers and shouldn't be missed.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:44:44 -0400)

Saxon princess Aislinn resists the Norman knight Wulfgar.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,943,599 books! | Top bar: Always visible