Tempt Me at Twilight (Hathaways, Book 3) by…

Tempt Me at Twilight (Hathaways, Book 3)

by Lisa Kleypas

Series: Hathaways (3)

Tempt Me at Twilight
4 Stars

An enjoyable addition to the series and while Harry and Poppy are an endearing couple, it is the scenes between Leo and Cat that really engaged me.

Harry is a difficult character to like. He is ruthless and manipulative but also uncompromising in his honesty and forthrightness. At some point, it becomes impossible not to sympathize with him given his tortured past and tireless efforts to love and be loved. While his behavior with regard to Poppy's beau is unconscionable, one cannot help but accept that Michael is weak and spineless, and that Poppy is better off without him. Moreover, Harry's willingness to accept her for who she is and do anything to keep her is very compelling.

Poppy is a sweet heroine but is somewhat bland as compared to the other Hathaway siblings. Nevertheless, she is intelligent and charming, and her relationship with the Rutledge hotel staff is lovely, They are wonderful secondary characters and their matchmaking efforts are one of the highlights of the story.

Harry and Poppy's tug-of-war romance is entertaining and although they have definite chemistry, it is not as tangible as that of Win and Kev in Seduce Me at Sunrise.

The small suspense plot is somewhat contrived although it does add to solidifying the romance between Harry and Poppy.

The setup for Cat and Leo's book is fantastic and their scenes together are so irresistible that I'm going to read the next book immediately rather than waiting between installments as I usually do. ( )
  Lauren2013 | Nov 19, 2016 |
RATED ALL THE DAMN STARS IN THE SKY!

YOU HAVE ANY? I'M TAKING THOSE FOR THIS!
  SheReadsALot | Jun 20, 2016 |
I enjoyed this one so much more than I was expecting...of course, much of this comes for my love of Disney's Beauty and the Beast, which I could not stop comparing this to, complete with a lovely Mrs. Pots. :) I loved Poppy and her outlook on what her marriage and husband would be like. And while her courtship" was so different from her sisters it suited her perfectly and allowed her to grow into an ever stronger woman and wife. Her wrangling that wild cat of hers drew me in completely. While at times I wanted to hate Harry, I never could. LK did a fabulous job developing his character that I could not help but be drawn to him. He needed Poppy in more ways than physical desire.

Ok and to continue on or take a break? I think I can forge ahead with a little more of Leo. :)" ( )
  JulieCovington | May 29, 2016 |
This book was great, as always!! The Hathaway’s know how to make you laugh!! I laughed so hard that people looked at me quizzically!! LOL!! Especially the parts where the staff talked about the sexual relations between Poppy and Harry (Carrots and Watercress), and when Leo knew Cat dyed her hair green!!! ( )
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |

Lisa Kleypasprimary authorall editionscalculated
Mutz, NadineÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Teresa Medeiros - In the road of life, you steer me past the detours, potholes, and the red lights. The world is a better place because you're in it. Love always, L.K.
Her chances of a decent marriage were about to be dashed - and all because of a ferret.
The fox has many tricks, he quoted, the hedgehog only one. He smiled at Beatrix as he added, But it is a good one.

Poppy Hathaway loves her unconventional family, though she longs for normalcy. Then fate leads to a meeting with Harry Rutledge, an enigmatic hotel owner and inventor with wealth, power, and a dangerous hidden life. When their flirtation compromises her own reputation, Poppy shocks everyone by accepting his proposal -- only to find that her new husband offers his passion, but not his trust.

Harry was willing to do anything to win Poppy -- except to open his heart. All his life, he has held the world at arm's length... but the sharp, beguiling Poppy demands to be his wife in every way that matters. Still, as desire grows between them, an enemy lurks in the shadows. Now if Harry wants to keep Poppy by his side, he must forge a true union of body and soul, once and for all...

"Poppy Hathaway loves her unconventional family, though she longs for normalcy. Then fate leads to a meeting with Harry Rutledge, an enigmatic hotel owner and inventor with wealth, power, and a dangerous hidden life. When their flirtation compromises her own reputation, Poppy shocks everyone by accepting his proposal--only to find that her new husband offers her his passion, but not his trust..."--p.[4] of cover.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,080,468 books! | Top bar: Always visible