Till Dawn Tames the Night by Meagan McKinney

Till Dawn Tames the Night

by Meagan McKinney

If you like the old style bodice ripper romances, then you will love this book. ( )
  mary23nm | Feb 27, 2019 |
Yawn. This is what I thought of most of the book, so forgive me if the review follows along that same line.
The secondary character Flossie, who is a fellow passenger on the ship to our star of the show Aurora, starts off quite entertaining. The old gal is a considerable drama queen, but this just makes her fun to read. The exchanges between her and Aurora are a delight to read.
For most of the beginning of the book our resident hunk Vashon is a mystery. It's hard to get a clear picture of who he is until he kidnaps Aurora (middle of book) and starts laying the law down. He's broody, dark, sinfully handsome bloke but imagine more substance than the usual. He has legitimate reasons for being dark and broody. If the author had focused more on Vashon and his complexity the grade would have fo' sure been different. Instead the focus of the story centers on Aurora (remember, our star of the show?).
Descriptive words for Aurora: annoying, whiny, naive in an obnoxious way, annoying, indecisive, immature, and annoying. Oh, and she has amazing aqua colored eyes. To hell with her annoyances!
In regards to the actual story of the villain and good guys searching for a big ass cursed emerald, meh, meh, meh. It took until around chapter 7 for me even to remotely get into this book. I would say this book had a slow beginning, boring middle, and long boring annoying ending. Some of the most important components that make up a story were seriously failing here. The secondary romance between Isaac (Vashon's ship captain) and Flossie (remember, spunky old gal?) was not really interesting. The main storyline of everyone searching for the Star of Aran (remember, big ass cursed emerald) that destroys your enemies was not really interesting. Our star couple's relationship, not really interesting. The back and forth between Vashon and Aurora wasn't spicy or intriguing, just boring and annoying. I happen to agree with Vashon when he says there is a stick up Aurora's butt. Way to much of the "don't touch me oh wait TOUCH me" syndrome from our heroine Aurora while our hero is a little too alpha, you know the "I'm having sex with you NO MATTER WHAT" type.
I would be remiss howevah if I didn't comment on this line: "...kissed her like a sinner seeking salvation…". Great line.
The writing quality was up to par just not the story and characters. Let's just say this book was published in 1991 and shows every bit of it's age in regards to the main characters.

C- ( )
  WhiskeyintheJar | Feb 14, 2019 |
My favorite pirate book of all time. Although it does have one hilarious scene in it, it's not really humorous. But if you want a pirate book that portrays pirates realistically and goes right to the edge of making the hero unlikable, this is it. His redemption is the most moving thing I've ever read. ( )
  SabrinaJeffries | Apr 5, 2010 |

A revolutionary program for achieving success by balancing mind, body, and spirit, eliminating unnecessary stress and fatigue, and living every minute of life to the fullest The mounting demands of life, work, and family can seem overwhelming. It can feel as though there is simply not enough time in each day to accomplish what needs to be done. Stress, overwork, and exhaustion can result in a lack of energy that, in turn, can prevent you from realizing your true potential. But what if it were possible to stretch the time you do have, adding valuable, high-quality hours to each day, enabling you to achieve success in every aspect of your life? Gurutej Khalsa can show you how. A nationally known Energy Guru, Khalsa has already helped numerous high-powered corporate executives, Hollywood celebrities, and ordinary people from all walks of life. In The 13th Month, she demonstrates how you can reduce stress and fatigue by altering your sleeping and eating habits - offering recipes, invaluable lifestyle tips, and foolproof techniques for shifting your energies, thereby increasing your capacity to create exciting new time in your everyday life that is at once mentally, emotionally, financially, and spiritually fulfilling.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,561,552 books! | Top bar: Always visible