Yer 'arbourCrewsChinwaggin'Crow's nest

Click on yer miniature to sail to Google Books.

Cat's Cradle (Penguin Modern Classics) by…
Hauling away...

Cat's Cradle (Penguin Modern Classics) (edition 1999)

by the dread pirate Kurt Vonnegut (Author)

CrewmatesArr! ReviewsPopulARRrityCrew sysMentions
Matey:stephhwilliams
Tome:Cat's Cradle (Penguin Modern Classics)
Them scribblers:Kurt Vonnegut (Scribbler)
Pearls o' Wisdom:Penguin Group(CA) (1999), 192 pages
Piles o' Booty:Yer cargo
How ye liked it:****
Pennons:Nought

Kurt Vonnegut's Cat's Cradle (Bloom's Modern Critical Interpretations) by the scurvy dog Harold Bloom (Editor)

Nought.

Nought
Hauling away...

It's Vonnegut at his best---provocative, cruel, honest, inane, eloquent, facile. What can you say? ( )
  dasam | Jun 21, 2018 |
The first Vonnegut I ever read, and still my favorite. ( )
  RossWhippo | Jul 3, 2017 |
i just finished reading this book. it was my first foray into vonnegut's writing and i am in love. this book was just amazing. i love the style and the story. ( )
  shannonkearns | Jan 8, 2011 |
This book seemed to me a lot like a less polished first draft for Galapagos. Said Crazy Kurt, "I have this idea for a book where the main character ends up on an island in the Pacific around the time when the world ends, but I'm not sure what else happens." So he tried it two different ways. One came out a 4, the other a 3. ( )
  todd534 | Oct 28, 2010 |
I don't remember most of this book very well. But I remember being fascinated by it. Especially the whole water isotope thing. (I think it actually made my chemistry class seem somewhat relevant...) ( )
  eas311 | Jul 12, 2010 |
no reviews | add yer opinyon

Scribbler's nameRoleType 'o authorWork?How farrr the crew's sailed
Bloom, HaroldFixed tha writin'primary authorall editionsconfirmed
Broer, Lawrence R.Contributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Southern, TerryContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Zoltán, Abádi NagyContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Is a study of

Cat's Cradle by the scurvy dog Kurt Vonnegut

You must log in to change the stuff we be knowin'.
For more help see the stuff we be knowin' help page.
Series (with ordARR)
Information from th' English Common Knowledge. Edit to localize it to your language.
Wha most mateys call it
F'rst scribbled
Scallywags
Important ports
What's hap'n'in'
There be prizes!
Startin' out
What the sprogs be sayin'
Final flappin'
How these be diff'rent
This is Harold Bloom's Modern Critical Interpretation of Cat's Cradle. Please do not combine with the main work by Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
Land lubbers
Original lingo

Nought

Tome description

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0791071685, Paperback)

Cat's Cradle, one of Vonnegut's most entertaining novels, is filled with scientists and G-men and even ordinary folks caught up in the game. These assorted characters chase each other around in search of the world's most important and dangerous substance, a new form of ice that freezes at room temperature. At one time, this novel could probably be found on the bookshelf of every college kid in America; it's still a fabulous read and a great place to start if you're young enough to have missed the first Vonnegut craze.

(raided from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:22 -0400)

A critical overview of the work features the writings of Terry Southern, William S. Doxey, Jerome Klinkowitz, Richard Giannone, John L. Simons, James Lundquist, and other scholars.

PopulARR covers

How ye liked it

AvARRage: (4.22)

Yarr, is this ye?

The lowdown | Hoist us a signal | LibraryThing.com | Secluded cove / Rules o' engagement | Advice from old salts | Ship's log | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Dead Men's Chests (Dead Wenches too) | Night watch | Aye, 'tis the stuff we be knowin'! | 128,838,267 tomes! | Top barrrrr: Above tha horizon