The Case of Hermie the Missing Hamster by…

The Case of Hermie the Missing Hamster (2004)

by James Preller

Series: Jigsaw Jones (1)

BRCSBooks | Sep 27, 2014 |
This book is the first book in the Jigsaw Jones Mystery series. In this book, Jigsaw Jones and his partner, Mila, solve the case of a missing hamster. The main idea of this story is solving the mystery. I absolutely love this book! My mom read these to me when I was little and I am currently rereading the series . One thing that I loved about this book was how the author incorporated learning into the story. For example, when Jigsaw and Mila wanted to learn about hamsters and snakes, their teacher, Ms. Gleason, told them to try their local library to search on the computer. Even though I'm older, I still love that the author incorporated learning into the story and made it fun. A second thing that I really loved about this story was how much Jigsaw radiated qualities of a hardboiled detective, but still kept his innocence as a child. For example, in the beginning of the book, Jigsaw said "It was Sunday afternoon, 4:36 P.M. I was in my office on the dirty side of town. Okay, actually I was in my tree house in the backyard." The first two sentences kind of paid homage to the classic hardboiled detective and the third sentence reminded the reader that Jigsaw is still a child. ( )
  MelissaPatek | May 5, 2014 |
I think this book is one of the best books in the world. It's probably my favorite of the first three Jigsaw Jones books. I like Jigsaw Jones because he's funny This book would be great for second grade students and I will definantly read this book to my students. ( )
  gjchauvin504 | Oct 25, 2012 |
  BRCSBooks | Aug 29, 2012 |
This book is an ar book butit is very easy for me.I like this book because I love mysteries even though it is an easy book it is still interesting to me. ( )
  9kw01bev | Sep 3, 2008 |

James Prellerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Alley, R. W.Illustratormain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Nieländer, PeterIlustradormain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Schleper, FrankTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Lisa
Chapter One
Jigsaw Jones, Private Detective

Wingnut's hamster is missing! Jigsaw and his partner, Mila, are on the case. They are searching for clues and piecing together the mystery. This is a job for Jigsaw Jones, Private Eye.

From the Top Secret Detective Journal of Jigsaw Jones, Private Eye

Client: Wingnut

Wingnut's hamster is missing! Jigsaw and his partner, Mila, are on the case. They are searching for clues adn piecing together the mystery. This is a job for Jigsaw Jones, Private Eye.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:37 -0400)

The clever, puzzle-crazy Jigsaw Jones utilizes his top-secret detective journal and enlists the help of his ace partner, Mila, to track down a missing hamster.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,926,473 books! | Top bar: Always visible