The Worrywarts by Pamela Duncan Edwards

The Worrywarts

by Pamela Duncan Edwards

Other authors: Henry Cole (Illustrator)

This book was a fun read and had a good plot. I liked that it was humorous. Three wombats had planned to go exploring, but they became really worried. The humor was added because all three of them came up with crazy situations in their heads. For example, one said, “what if we’re walking past the wallflowers and a swarm of wasps is waiting? What if they swirl around us and we’ve nothing to swat them with? What if we’re running away and we’re not watching where we’re going and suddenly we’re wading up to our waists in water? What if a wave whooshes over us and a wallowing walrus swims up and swallow is? What them?” As you can see, they are coming up with highly unlikely situations and worrying about them. Along with this, I really liked the illustrations because they were a literal representation of what the wombats were worried about. For example, one the page with the quote above, there was a picture of the wombats running from bees and ending up in an ocean about to get eaten by a walrus. The book was very entertaining and descriptive by showing exactly what the wombats were worried about. I think the main idea is to show that even though we may worry about crazy things, there is nothing to worry about because everything works out to be okay. ( )
  KylieWilliams | Feb 28, 2016 |
This book is another of Duncan's alphabet alliteration books, and it is just as fun and clever as the others. It follows 3 Wombats on a journey which they overpack for fear of what could happen! This is a great book to share with early childhood students to practice sounds, letters, and vocabulary. ( )
  LindseyB12 | May 8, 2013 |
Young Hoosier Award Nominee -- 2003-2004 ( )
  Warnerp | Jul 31, 2010 |
When Wombat wakes up and thinks it would be a wonderful day to wander the world, her friends help her plan what to take with them. All kinds of objects beginning with "W" are considered. But then Wombat began to worry... what if?... and various dangerous scenarios play out in her head, e.g., wasps, wolves, etc. Her friends reassure her and she agrees not to be a worrywart. Then it's Weasel's turn to think "what if?" and be reassured. Then Woodchuck. Finally they're ready to explore. And what happens? They get attacked by a wasp! They meet a wicked wolf! They face an owl! And in each case one of the "W" objects they brought along saves the situation.
  kday_working | Feb 2, 2009 |

Pamela Duncan Edwardsprimary authorall editionscalculated
Cole, HenryIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

What if...?

Wombat asks Weasel and Woodchuck if they want to wander the world with her, but they are overwhelmed with worries.

What if they walk into a swarm of waiting wasps?
What if the weather worsens?
What if they're walloped by warthogs?
What then...?

Popular author/illustrator duo Pamela Duncan Edwards and Henry Cole team up again to deliver a wonderful whimsical alliterative tale.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:23 -0400)

When Wombat, Weasel, and Woodchuck decide to wander the world, they wonder what worries they will encounter.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,937,438 books! | Top bar: Always visible