Chew On This: Everything You Don't Want…

Chew On This: Everything You Don't Want to Know About Fast Food (edition 2007)

by Charles Wilson (Author)

A behind-the-scenes look at the fast food industry.
Member:LeicesterMSLibrary
Title:Chew On This: Everything You Don't Want to Know About Fast Food
Authors:Charles Wilson (Author)
Info:Houghton Mifflin (2007), Edition: Reprint, 318 pages
Collections:New Books 2017/2018

Chew on This : Everything You Don't Want to Know about Fast Food by Eric Schlosser

Best up front book about food! You should really read it like right now! ( )
  christopher.kyle1706 | Dec 8, 2016 |
The book, "Chew On This." by Eric Schlosser and Charlie Wilson is about all the things that fast food and junk food/drinks do. At the beginning they talk about how most of the popular foods were made or how the restaurants started. In this book you also learn how fast food owners made more people come to their restaurant. In the middle of the book you learn about how schools offer unhealthy fast food and how the Eskimo's are getting baby bottle syndrome. In this book you learn about how young (still growing) kids need to get up early and stay late for restaurants to give them minimum wage. At the end of the book you learn how animals are treated in the slaughter house. To finish off this book they talked about how the fast foods restaurants are going everywhere around the world and how the amount of obese people is growing.

I rated this book 1 and 1/2 stars because I didn't really learn anything new. One thing I did learn though is that the first hamburger was compressed meat balls. I would recommend this book to people that like knowing the origins of fast food restaurants. I would recommend this book to people who don't know what the ingredients of the fast food restaurant's food. I would recommend this to people if they need a short and enjoyable book. I liked this book because it taught me some things I didn't know. I would read another one of their books if I knew one. ( )
  JettJ.G1 | Apr 23, 2016 |
Frames the rise and popularity of fast food restaurants within its most problematic aspects: low wages, destruction of family-owned farms, inhumane treatment of animals, foodborne illness, obesity, and widespread marketing to children.
  Salsabrarian | Feb 2, 2016 |
Chew on this tells a lot of details of fast food. It tells how a hamburger was invented, how French fries are made, hear the life of a chicken before it turned into a chicken nugget, and see what happens to your body when you eat fast food. The book also tells how McDonalds was invented. McDonalds is the most exampled fast food restaurant in the book. It also has a half page of ingredients of what is in artificial strawberry flavoring and strawberries are defiantly not in it. The book tells the story of some people with problems caused by fast food. It also shows how fast food was put right into schools.
Chew on this is a book that helps explain all the details that happen behind the sciences of fast food. It deserves 3 stars because it is kind of boring but still very informing. I recommend this book to people who like to know what's really in fast food. I also recommend this book to people who really like to get information from books. Because the person at the fast food place will probably not tell you anything true. This book was written by Eric Schlosser and Charles Wilson. The book would probably not be for people who get grossed out a lot. ( )
  AlishaM.B3 | Jan 2, 2015 |
i liked this book because in this book Eric Schlosser's and Charles Wilson unwrap the fast food industry t bring behind-the-scenes look at a business that both feeds and feeds if the young. in this book the they explain what is fast-food like here are some of the chapters. Meet the fifteen-yea-old who invented the hamburger or see how French fires are often shot through a superpower gun---and what makes them taste so good. and thats y i likes this book. and i will never eat fast-food again ( )
  GiannaB.b1 | Dec 28, 2014 |

Schlosser, Ericprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Wilson, Charlesmain authorall editionsconfirmed

A behind-the-scenes look at the fast food industry.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 150,796,057 books! | Top bar: Always visible