Unearthed by C. J. Barry

Unearthed

by C. J. Barry

Tess MacKenzie, on the verge of a successful career as a singer, is suddenly kidnapped by Cohl Travers. Tess's whole concept of her world, is about to change when she realizes that she just hasn't been kidnapped to another state or country, but to another galaxy. Cohl, needs Tess to help him get his father freed, from those that have ransomed him. His father is the king and leader of their world, and Cohl is willing to do anything to free him, even kidnap a innocent woman to get what he needs. However Cohl didn't expect to fall in love along the way of this adventure that both he and Tess will embark on, and he will find out what finding one's true love is really like....not what he expected but he refuses to give it up once he has found it. Unearthed is the first in the UN forgettable series, and I truly enjoyed Cohl and Tess's story here. Although I wasn't as involved in the book as I was Unraveled, and it took me some time to get really into it, it still had a exciting plot and fascinating elements that unraveled a beautiful story. I have always had a fascination with the Science Fiction Genre, so this type of background to the story really intrigued me. What I think I loved most about this book was how at first Tess is against the whole mission, but then through a turn of events changes her mind and is willing to do everything she can to aid Cohl, and rescue. I found her to be full of courage and willing to give up everything to stand by the man she loves. Cohl, is more of a sacrificing hero character, he loves Tess, but doesn't want her to give up everything to be with him...but the ending was magical and I just loved this story and especially all the characters involved. So if your looking for a story that will rock you to your very toes...then I would recommend Unearthed!!! ( )
  addictofromance | Feb 25, 2013 |
I love Sci-fi romance. My favourite authors are Lizzy Ford and Alexandra May so this one took me by surprise.But this is a great story if you love Star Trek/Lost in Space type Science Fiction Romance. There's quirkiness, suspense, mystery and lots of heartbeating romance.The story takes us from Earth to a space abduction (I refuse to use the word alien!) and then bring on the chemistry!I loved the two characters, their development was sweet, endearing and the story was told really well by the author.I haven't read any of the other books in the series but I'm going to start the next one straight away! Thank you to Net Galley for allowing me to read this book! ( )
  bkwormblogger | Jan 18, 2012 |
Unearthed is a fast, fun, romping space adventure. It's space opera in a good way. Tess is the fiery-haired heroine who is abducted by the devastatingly handsome alien Cohl. Only Tess can save Cohl's father and his planet.

The story is written with an upbeat pace that kept my attention. The characters are engaging and quick-witted. I loved Cohl's robot bodyguard! Wish I had one of my own!

This is not a high brow science fiction novel. Don't look for minute details on quantum space theory or black holes. This is a feel good space adventure romance that doesn't take itself too seriously. Grab a copy and enjoy the ride.

Thank you Carina Press and Netgalley for allowing me to review Unearthed. ( )
  NCRainstorm | Nov 30, 2011 |
The overall rating for the series is 4 butterflies. I had a great time reading these books, I had fun, I got a healthy dose of smutty galore, and I was very, very glad I got a chance to read them.
If I were to say what genre they’d go in, since people are always big on tags and stuff like that, I’d think these are romance with a sci-fi-ish twist, and not the other way around. There is a lot going on in each book, and there’s a whole universe weaved for them, but I feel the main element is the romance. So I’d disagree with some reviews I read up on Goodreads, that slightly bash them for not being solidly sci-fi. I don’t think they were meant to be; and I don’t think I would have liked them more if they would have been, honestly. Buuut then again I’m not a sci-fi buff, I just like the occasional sci-fi because the book was very well written and the writer is very talented, not because of that genre. Anyways…

Unearthed (UN-Forgettable #1)
Now, if I were to talk about them book by book, the first one was more like 3,5 then a full four. I liked the writing, the mood, the world, but I can’t say I liked both the characters that much; Cohl was cool, and Tess was funny, but I didn’t love either of them.
What I really liked, in all the books (maybe a little less in the 4th though), was the chemistry between the the characters. I mean, it was right there, intense to smoldering, on a case by case basis. And it was hot as hell in space, I can tell you that!
I will admit to the fact that the first and the last book in any series always benefit from less of my willingness to commit emotionally; the first one needs to really win me over for the rest of them, and the last one I approach with one foot outside the door, more or less, anticipating the separation and all that. So, there’s always that… ( )
  L.E.Olteano | Oct 20, 2011 |
Information from the Norwegian Common Knowledge. Edit to localize it to the English one.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0505525402, Mass Market Paperback)

Life on Earth was just getting interesting for Tess MacKenzie. She’d postponed her singing career to support the family business and after eight long years, she finally earned her chance to shine. Her band was hot, her songs were rocking and Tess was on her way to becoming a star.

Things were definitely looking up.

That is until Cohl Travers, alien extraordinaire, swoops out of the night sky and snatches her off her planet. When he says he desperately needs her voice for a dangerous cosmic mission and the fate of two planets hangs on her song, she figures one of them is in for some serious therapy. Tess soon finds herself up to her neck in smelly bad guys, a robot with a superiority complex, an ancient Amulet that could end her singing career permanently, and a man who can burn her from the inside out.

Cohl Travers thought he was free and clear of his destiny to become the next ruler of his planet. But when the warring Trakas abduct his father and hold him hostage for the Amulet, Cohl is dragged back to a fate he does not want with a woman he cannot ignore.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:50:23 -0400)

Cohl Travers drops down from outer space with his robot Pitz and zapps singer/songwriter Tess MacKenzie from outer space. She is needed to acquire a magical amulet and sing a strange song on a mystical planet that will help save his father. But Tess must unearth Cohl's secrets if their feelings for each other can grow.… (more)

21 avail.1 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,372,379 books! | Top bar: Always visible